Ever wonder how much your favorite YouTube characters make?

Well found a site that hints on the answer

From what I’ve seen the estimates are pretty accurate even though they have a huge range. Even at the low end of the scale (which is likely a lowball) they still make very good money for making a few minute long video once or twice a week.

Jenna Marbles?
$1.2K - $10.8K /day
$423.9K - $4M /yr

FPS Russia?
$324 - $3K /day
$118.4K - $1.1M /yr

Many more here

Seems on average, if you’re a star on YouTube you can expect to make ~$500K a year.

I have a feeling those numbers are extremely inflated. No doubt in my mind that they probably make a good chunk of change though.

They are basing that solely off the number of views per day, and IIRC ad’s watched are what generate revenue. Every time someone clicks a link even if they do not watch it is counted as a view, but that does not mean that youtube is paying out whatever it is they pay out per add viewed.

I doubt they are over inflated.

YouTube has a very strict non disclosure agreement but people talk and are always curious so the estimate I’ve seen is that every million views pays ~$3000.

It’s not just the ads you watch that generate revenue but they help. YouTube actually pays per views, even if you arent a partner. If you had a video with a few hundred thousand views right now on YouTube they would likely show a balance of a few hundred bucks. I have friends that got paid for their videos without being partners.

RayWilliamJohnson was one I believe the first YouTube made millionaire, a lot of stats can be based off his views as well.

They are basing an average “pay per click” “pay per advertisement” number that may not be entirely accurate in every case. Also as I said, as far as pay per click, from what I understand its not much compared to what you get from running advertisements, but as i said, advertisements AFAIK do not pay out everytime someone clicks on your video and doesnt let the advert play through.

Like I said, no doubt in my mind they make a great chunk of money, but I don’t think that site is accurate at all, I would imagine actual earnings are on the lowerisde of their estimates, the fact that the range of earning it shows is so far apart from low to high should show you that they have no idea and it’s probably a bit inflated.

even if the ads blow and nobody wants to click on them to see what the product is… how many times do you think someone accidently clicks the add instead of the little red X at the top right, or a sec too early on the countdown to skip this add and chalks up another view for the advert.

power in numbers.

how do i go about making money off of this lol [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDedTwv75Hc[/ame]

Lot of theoretical dollars up in hurr.

explains how that Russian guy has access to insane guns!

so that fat ginger kid made $90k? fuck that.

Just makes Jenna Marbles more attractive IMO. WOULD SMASH FOR $$$$$

Just noticed FPS Russia is in the new call of duty commercial, sure he got a decent chunk of change from that!

Back when FPS Russia was FPSKyle, Hutch was the greatest of youtube CoD fame, and FBWALSHYFTW ran the Halo 3 side of things, I got into a MW2 game with Wings of Redemption and WoodysGamertag.

I don’t know if they didn’t realize they weren’t in a private chat, but apparently they both made roughly $7k each quarter from Machinima. Not including what they make from youtube. And according to Wings before he shut his mic off, he makes way more from youtube than he does from Machinima.