Evo 8 Turbo

I’m looking for some help… Wondering what anyone knows or has to say about this:

http://www.turbochargers.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=21_29&products_id=56

Its an ok upgrade if you can call it that.

All depends on what you want obviously but from what I have read it really just spools better and is maybe good for a couple ponies up top not much.

Personally if I were to go with a stock style turbo for the EVO it would be the fp EVO Green ,aka buschur 20G LT.

Close to stock spool but with much more on the top and big tourqe rush

Thanks a lot man

430hp?

They must mean crank.

Get an evogreen instead. They make a lot of power but IMO they are pricey.
You’re spending almost 2 grand on a turbo.

You probably better off getting a 50 trim or 3065 from buschur at that point.

spend the extra couple hundred on a gt30r :slight_smile:

The extra hundred? aka extra grand +?

that turbo is only 200-300? Get it

x2 I loved my GT30r on the sr20det. It would be way too much fun with AWD.

Ah, sorry i was looking at the agency power GT30R kit

That turbo is a copy of the idea that Forged Performance did with their white rabbit turbos…

The white rabbit was a decent idea that actually led to the Evogreen (20glt)

The white rabbit was a 5-blade 20g wheel inside the cold side and a TME titanium/alluminum alloy wheel on the hotside (the same 5blade cold wheel used in the LT)

That turbo is a 6-bladed cold wheel, and a TME hot wheel (the 6-blade was shown to be a poor design by several people testing them, the 5 had better flow rates)

The short fall of the White Rabbit was that the exhaust side of the turbo’s fins created too much back pressure thus limiting the top end capability of the turbo, so while offering a nice spool from the TME, and increased top end from the 20g-5blade. The turbo did not meet the public well because on a dyno it only showed 20hp+ and 15tq+ over a stock turbo. The white rabbit made a great street turbo however because it allowed the use a great power band, without falling off at higher RPMs like the stocker.

The new 20g-LT from Forge uses that same 5-blade 20G cold wheel with a new larger hot wheel. (LT = Large Turbine) This larger hotside flows better than its predecessor thus the short comings of the Rabbit are gone, and whala you have the 20g-LT everyone knows and loves today…