WTB: turbo/fmic/piping/bov

anyone have a evo3 16g turbo (or some type of turbo that is bigger than my 1g stock gsx turbo and won’t have to do much to put it on), a fmic, piping, and a good aftermarket blow off valve?

if anyone has everything I’m looking for and wants to come up with a “package deal” type price or whatever, let me know… I am mainly looking for the fmic/piping/and bov, but a bigger turbo would be nice as well :slight_smile:

I have a slowboy 60-1 trim for your car?

anything else?

but price on the turbo and anything wrong with it?

well, I’m pretty sure now one guy is selling me the fmic/piping/and bov…

so anyone have a 16g (non abay) turbo or anything where I wouldn’t have to do much to install into my 1g and is better than stock?

better then stock meaning what exactly ?

higher boost in the same rpm range as stock
faster spool
better top end power

?

and theres nothing wrong with stock 1g dsm BOV’s, crush them and they can hold 23 psi just fine

If you have the money, buy a nice fmic kit from innovative, stm, or one of the online guys. If you don’t have a lot of money, buy an ebay kit. The cores aren’t as good as the name brand ones, but they still out perform the stock unit.

better than stock, like the evo3 16g, I just think my stock one isn’t too great because of the people that had the car before me beat the living S**t out of it… lol… but I’d like the car to be faster than what it is now…

I’m thinking about just buying a whole turbo kit… found one on this site - http://www.advancedjdmparts.com/product.php?productid=16859&cat=301&page=1

I’m just not sure if it’s an actual 16g or the “cheap” version…

you need to take a step back from this project and start the planning phase over again

again, what are you looking for from the turbo itself ?

higher boost in the same rpm range as stock
faster spool
better top end power

how much power do you want
what other upgrades are currently on the car?
does it run perfect right now?
whats you budget ?

well, no, the car doesn’t run “perfect” right now… I think it either has a vacuum leak, or something with the turbo… I was supposed the go get an intercooler kit and a blow off valve from this kid today, but that didn’t fall thru… I need either a blow off valve that won’t leak that could fit my adapter on my piping that was done up by the guy that had the car last, and the bov that was on it was an “ebay” one that after using it for a little bit, stayed in the open position and was leaking air out like a mother… my car isn’t running the best right now because it wasn’t taken care of too well before I had it, but I’m working on it to make it better… I mean, right now, no I don’t “need” the turbo right away, but I’d figure if I just got a whole turbo kit even if I’m just going to use the intercooler and whatnot, that I’d have the turbo and could put that one on when everything’s running right, plus I figured that buying a turbo kit might be cheaper than buying part by part… but I don’t know…

i might be interested in swapping my setup back to stock if you have the original parts i would need. I have a 50trim, FMIC, and greddy BOV. if youre interested let me know

a evo3 16g is like a 700$ turbo new…

I think I have all the tubing, but not the smic… and the stock BOV is welded onto a different pipe now…