I have b00ts on my mind

mainly because it is very easy and cheap on a honda

i currently own a 95 civic swapped with a b18 ls. the motor was boosted before i bought it, so i have the spare tapped pan still, and a few other things. the motor has arp rod bolts and a clutch that can handle a good amount of power, so im good in that department.

my goal for my car - i want a car that i have around $3000 into, that makes ~250 wheel. i already have around $2k into the car, so i would be looking to piece together a kit for around $1000.

i want quick spool, this will be daily driven (i have another car just in case though), and as reliable as possible. after doing some reading ive found that the evo3 big 16g is pretty much what i want. does anyone have any better suggestions? has anyone used this turbo on the b series?

would i be best off price and power-wise by just using mainly dsm parts? (intercooler, injectors, ect)?

who chips honda ecus in the area still? who can t00n?

what manifold would i need if i did end up running the evo3 turbo?

thanks guys :slight_smile:

http://laceupworkboots.blogsavy.com/files/2009/05/wolverine-boots.jpg

I would go with an ebay intercooler rather than the DSM unit.

DSM bov should work. Not sure about he injectors on the B-series.

when i bought the swap it had dsm 450s in it, which i still have, im assuming these will work

You should be able to get your goal with 450’s and almost any 16g variant turbo. I would go with ebay intercooler also, something like a 28x7x3 w/2.5 piping. You can use one of the older manifolds(dx) with the adapter plates

yeah, they will work then. I just wasn’t positive so I didn’t want to say a definite yes.

You’ll need the resistor box though.

cool, thanks. are you saying i should use an adapter plate that would bolt to the stock ls manifold?

yeah, that’s what he’s saying…not sure if they make them for b-series manifolds though. You’ll have to look around.

do you have the resources for making/welding charge pipes and a downpipe? Make sure you account for materials cost (piping, flanges, couplers, etc…) that shit adds up.

hoffman (95d16turbo or something) is parting out his 95 civic with a boosted ls/vtec, this is another reason why im thinking about moving forward with this, he has pretty much everything i need

hey jam…

i have an evo316g, you’ll need an o2 housing to go from the turbo to a 2bolt downpipe. 450s will be fine, youll need a resistor box as they said. EVO intercoolers go for about 40-60bucks, and will handle up to 350whp fine. piping can be made cheap, DSM 1G BOV (i have one) , boost controller, im not sure what the wastegate is set at on a e316g, but you’re mapsensor will only read like 11.3 lbs or something anyways.

e316g turbos are coolant and oil cooler, pretty suyre u can just block off the coolant ports (not sure)
just get an ebay bseries manifold with a td05 outlet (instead of t3 or t4)

i have all piping you would need, along with bov, i have the turbo… not sure if i wanna sell it. pretty sure my friend has his stock evo intercooler still, boost controllers can be found for 40bucks-60bucks

so lets say:
piping w/ bov and all couplers, tclamp bolts-100
evo3 turbo (i have a stock o2 housing still)- 300$
evo ic- 45$
i have a boost controller- 40bucks
i can find a resistor box for you- 15bucks
you have injectors
andy from swerve can tune and socket your ecu
whatever oil lines may cost (should be under 60bucks)
downpipe made- 50$? ill give you one that i have
ebay mani i think are like 50-75$

edit: the adapter plates are only made for dseries pretty sure because the exhaust manifold is split up near the head not near the oilpan like a beseries… maybe they make one tho

pm me if you want d00d

F, I am retarded. I was thinking d series. Ebay does have td05 flanged b series manifolds on the cheap

x2

http://mrboots.com/images/boots/abilene/abilene-boots-01.gif

jam, get that thing together and mechanically sound and I’ll take care of ecu chipping and tuning.

I have a blown 16g you can have if you feel like rebuilding it.

My man! I even have a virgin p06 left over still

i am assuming you skipped over my post or do not care.

This man collects go fast… parts, he’s got you covered.

No man, I do, I just need to get some stuff in order before I commit to anything 100%

thanks for all of the help deebo, I’ll def be in contact if I do go through with this

np :tup: just throwin it out there