Honda Guys : Lets Talk

So im trying to decided which way to take for my hatch. we are talking about just motor/tranny options here. The motor WILL be seeing boost, and im looking for 300whp. It is a 97, so i must deal with obd2 for inspection purposes. I fully understand the covert to obd1 for tuning reason but it needs to be taken into account that the car needs to be able to pass an obd2 inspection including the plug into the diagnostics port. So the options are

D16y7/y8 - built motor, cam, headwork (possibly)
B16
B18a/b
B18c1
b20
b20vtec
Ls/vtec

I really do not want to build the motor, but in the case of the D16 its a must. I will not be building any B series.

Discuss

b18a/b, put a vtec oil pump on it and vtec head and go LS/Vtec turbo

ls/vtec is very similar to the b20 vtec. i heard the b20 does not have much boost capability due to its thin cylinder walls. Is this true? and ill add it to the list.

I’m on with everybody else. b18a/b1. When you get more money go ls/vtec. Spend the money and do hondata. Worth the money and you will be obd2.

lsvtec sucks. it likes to blow up because the bottom end dosent like high rpm.

Stay with a b16 and boost it, a friend of mine has a crx with a completely stock b16a besides injectors and head gasket, made 306 whp on 9lbs. He drove it daily and drove it from Ga to idaho when he moved. Its sense become a fairweather car, as hes got over 30g into it.

stay with the b16, yeah i don’t have one of those i have a D16 brah.

Ls/vtec only blow if it is built schwag as hell, but i have heard a rumor of them popping head gaskets like mad.

Hondata is obd2? i thought it is a modded obd1 ecu, educate me

And karter what are the spec on the turbo pushing the 9lbs, i would rather go with a smaller turbo and push more boost, faster spool and what not

I can find out his setup. I knew you didnt have a b16 haha, i meant stay with a b16 as apposed to going with an lsvtec.

Garrett GT2860RS

Dont do any ls vtec junk pick any motor a t3/t4 57 trim and add boost.

my d16 was boosted on a similar turbo 6 months ago…

i am mad sketchy on the lsb20vtec setups. any b series with that turbo? how much can it handle on stock internals

+1 you poor lost little man

what you talking bout willis?

your engine recommendations sir? Me and T decided what needs to happen.

Wouldn’t a 57 trim pull “your” 50 trim?

not on 9lbs. If you ever actually get anything that you claim your going to buy or build. Why don’t you just be a man and actually assemble yourself a setup that your not half-assing.

cr-vtecs dont seem to last very long and the b20 blocks are a bit more fragile, id avoid that setup if your not gonna build it. If you dont wanna go b series at all built d series will work just fine, 300whp isnt that hard to get

i could say the same for you, wheres that 50 trim? at least i actually big turboed something. call me if you want to argue, actually come over to my house. Don’t kid yourself I’m just trying to figure out what i wanna do

[QUOTE=slowa$$ek;1547548]your engine recommendations sir?QUOTE]

Get a b16 with a T3/T4 50trim 48a/r. Low boost and you’ll be happy *(even though you should already have a b16 in there, which you should have installed yourself)

Or go with your previous idea which you said was going to happen.:gotme:

lsvtec FTW. just dont rev it past 9g to often and you will be fine. fuck the haterz. oh and in before someone tells you to go kseries cause its better and only 10x as much $$.lol

word up, why in the f would i be stupid and take a car above 9k, that is just unnecessary on even a built engine

she does not want to sell man, she is beating around the bush. but at the same time i do not want a car payment when i have an awesome platform to work with.