Zach's 97 Honda dx

Hi im new to the forum have a 97 honda civic dx that i bought last august. Its my project car / daily driver back since i got it last year. Had a little progress with the car tight on money and time. Found out this forum from a buddy of mine said i could find help here. The car is basically stock besides a few parts i have cold air intake, Full exhaust system, Si wing, and Si front bumper with the fog lights and 17in Enkei’s.

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n490/ZmV91/Snapshot_20110403_1.jpg

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n490/ZmV91/Snapshot_20110316_7.jpg

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n490/ZmV91/Snapshot_20110316_1.jpg

Ive been looking into motor swapping with this car in the future wanted to see what the best would be to swap in?

nice to see ya on here zach. hopefully the guys on here can give ya some help.

What’s your budget? Would you consider selling the wheels? Always had a thing for the EV5’s

Welcome aboard.

Swap consists entirely of how much money you want to spend and how long you want to shop around for a deal.

Million motors out there for that thing ready to go and it’s all been done before so you’re not reinventing the wheel here.

First establish your HP goal and then your price limit and that will help chose the right setup between the two.

haha he just got those rims. so i dont think he gonna part with them.

welcome

figured I’d ask. But yeah, we can help you with whatever swap you need. There are D’s, B’s, K’s and a J swap on here.

If you have a decent amount of cash for a swap. You cant go wrong with a GSR swap. If sticking with the D, your only real choice is a d16y8. Or mini-me your y7 that’s in the car.

b series are not to bad anymore a GSR motor or even a LS if you dont have enough $$$. LS turbos can move out

I would stick to NA, the whole emissions/inspection crap will hold you back if its a daily driver. Any obd2 swap would be better then what’s in there now.

boosted d !

turbo cars are not hard to get thru ifffff done right

Welcome dude. Enjoy.

Money at the moment is tight i have to drive 100 miles a day for college at the moment but the summer thinking about 3-4k for my budget for a motor swap. Don’t want to put too much modifying in the engine bay like cutting. But what motor would fit right in with no problems with the axles motor mounts etc…
The power range i was looking for is around 200hp with the swap then later i wanted to put a turbo in. What motor would have the best internals to handle boost.

Welcome. Would be a MUCH cleaner looking car if you paid me $200 to paint those front fenders OEM red for you! :wink:

GL with the project, anything you need help with fab wise, we have enough good people here to help.

later!

ohh and please take the HONDA off the sun banner… if someone didnt know it was a honda from the front end… they dont need to know!

you wouldn’t have to cut the engine bay for any swap unless you were doing something crazy haha. Just do a GSR or something

~200hp is easy with n/a B, or boosted D.

Welcome

200whp NA isn’t that easy with a B.

With 3-4k to spend it is. You hush now :lol