Zach's 97 Honda dx

You might as well go K or H at that point (NA 200+whp)

No H is overrated. Yeah do they make straight K mounts now? Im old and not up to date on these things, and have yet to turbo my sweet mini me from 1993 :facepalm lol

k swap is the best for inspection, kpro ftw. K swap is gonna cost way more than 4k though. It is pretty much a bolt in operation. You have to cut the chassis for the shifter though. I think they make a kit that you just have to drill a couple holes now too that bolts in up top.

Can’t go wrong with a GSR, it’s the best bang for the buck. Get that fender painted please.

this

not gonna be able to swap in 200 wheel with out some mods unless you drop a j in. If you go B series with bolt ons ull be 170+ ish unless you do a full build. If you wanna boost in the future you can pretty much do that to any stock motor, best bang for the buck is B18c1 or B16

Welcome and nice ek dude

I have an automatic y8 intake manifold for you that should net a few HP and be a direct bolt on affair - $30

If he doesn’t want it pm, ill grab it.

Looks like you have the 99-00 front end? If not I have oem red fenders for cheap :thumbup

So if i find a B-series swap what years could the engine be to an obd2 swap.
For example the b18’s it has to be a b18c or it wont fit up or something like that?

Any B18b (LS motor) or B18C (GSR motor) from 96+ would work fine. You will need the complete drivetrain (mounts, axles, shift linkage, ecu, trans, etc). The wiring isn’t to bad, a LS motor needs minimal to no wiring to be put in the car. The GSR motor will need everything for Vtec added in (really only 5 wires or so).

B18 is a whole bunch of engines, b18c is jdm type r/SiR. b18c1 is what everyone is telling you to do. its a usdm GSR motor. these motors will go right into your bay along with the correct motor mounts (transmission, axles, etc.). its been done before many times at this point motors go in and out of hondas like legos.

as far as odb2 if your gunna be technical with the law your not supposed to put a older year motor than the car itself (correct?), however anything 96 up is going to be odb2

if you shop around you can get a ls swap for very cheap and boost it. and later down the road you can do a ls/vtec if you want more power.

If youre only looking for 200hp boosting your Y7 is the way to go

If your looking for a good reliable daily just do a b series. Boosting a daily isn’t the best for someone that is just learning.

if moneys real tight either do a mini me swap to y8 so you can have some vtakkkk or find yourself a B18b and enjoy like that for a lil while till maybe its not a daily and then you can boost or whatever down the road.

B18c is where it’s at! Great NA, great boosted. H deuce… not so much.

we have all seen a stock 150k B18C with 20# go 11.01 in a nearly full weight 94 EX Coupe.

H series are OK. That’s about it. Not worth it IMO.

Ive been looking at motors on the JDM sites and was wondering what all of you think of pricing for the whole assembly. Here’s a motor i seen on a site is this too much or reasonable for it and is the mileage they say is it truth on these type of sites.

http://www.japandirectjapanese.com/product.php?productid=109&cat=1&page=1

Mileage is *always 40k on these :rolleyes

Your best bet is to take one from a legit seller on a major forum like H-T or others (can’t recall any)

That way you can get everything you need and you will know it ran well, especially if its a trusted seller.

www.hmotorsonline.com is a good place to buy engines/parts, ive purchased fro mthem many times before an d they are legit. i bought my y21 trans fro mthem as well as my recaro seats and other goodies, check them out.

if you want a lil more power outa the box you can scoop a b18c5 (usdm type r)