My second car **96 Eagle Talon Esi TURBO 5-speed**

Bought this a few months ago. Did NOT come with motor but it has the setup for TURBO and NOS (not doing nos) but the previous owner said he hada 20g Turbo on it. Idk if he really did or not. I was just wondering what the safest biggest size turbo I can put on there? I already have the intercooler and setup, just missing the Turbo.

are you putting a stock motor in the car?

Nothing is ever safe when modifying a car let alone a DSM.

I do not understand this statement one bit…

A real evo3 16g is a great turbo to maintain driveability and reliability. 20g is good too, you just get a little more out of that range. Power goals are very helpful to know here.

More info here please and we will be glad to help.

without knowing anything about the motor how could anybody answer a question like this?

Yeah, what skrapper said. It’s also going to depend on supporting mods you do. injectors, DSM link, IC piping, FPR, ETC, ETC,

You can put and evo III 16g on there stock but I wouldn’t push more than 12 pounds though.

This set-up sounds like it has unlimited potential to make some big power.

How much did you get it for?

I am not a DSM guy but I have not heard good things about turbo 420a’s. So more info on what motor you’re putting in will clear things up a lot for better advice to be given.

The prev owner most likely had a Hahn super 20g on there.

Safest turbo size to run is basically gonna be like what these guys said, depending whether the motor will be stock or built and what supporting mods.

And with it being a 420a, for tuning you would either need some sort of piggyback tuner or common in the 420a world is megasquirt.

With that said, my advice to you is turboing a 420a is a waste of money. You will spend alot of loot if you’re looking to go fast, along with the problems that will arise.

And swapping a 4g63 in a n/t shell is a huge headache.

But if your down for the experience and want a project, go for it!!

Good luck

Well my bf bought me a pre-built motor, I think its the 420a turbo one but im not sure. My bf wanted me to post this question and I really dont know much about the motor so I guess ill get more info… =/

Just find a Talon/Eclipse/Laser forum for questions like this. You won’t have much luck here.

:ham:

Why? Because no one here has ever turbo’d a 420a???

Oh wait I did some 10 years ago.

Last I knew this was an automotive forum. Or is that the answer nowadays whenever something technical comes up? Go to another forum!?!? Lol.

There are plenty of people on this forum that know DSMs very well.
Myself, Skrapper, Devious, Carnut, Geoff, Detective Coating, nytalontsi, inntune, emery… I can go on and on. But you get the point.

Personally, I’d just sell all the turbo stuff. Putting a turbo on a 420a is a waste of time and money. You can get the same results with a small shot of N2O. If motor is built, find out what exactly it has and maybe hit it with a bigger shot.

It’s never going to be a 4G63.

What don’t you understand about it? Re-read it. IMO all DSM’s suck plain and simple. To each his own though, looks like there’s some good advice being given here though.

How about you go to another forum and get the fuck off this one?

you can take a picture of the motor and show us.

DOHC does not mean 4G63, 420A valve covers also have DOHC on them as they are DOHC motors in the Eclipses/Talons; Neons were the only SOHC motors that you may be thinking of.

Get a stock 420A motor, remove all of the turbo stuff and just drive the car 100% stock. If you are asking questions like this and aren’t sure what is what then the last thing you want to do is attempt to put back together a car that was not turbocharged from the factory, you will have nothing but headaches, never get it running and spend money where it doesn’t need to be spent.

Yeah i started thinking neons because i replied to neon lol. Sorry for that

I heard you have a sweet Cavalier, what you got done to it?

I could care less about your hate for DSM’s. The extremely ignorant statement was this…

Really??? I mean really!!! that is absurd and I hope you meant something that I missed. That is why I didn’t understand.

Gotta watch the NOS, you will blow yourself to pieces.

I dont even know who to listen to anymore… Like wow I give up…