Exhaust Upgrade Worthwhile

Just installed a Nismo pre-catless header, Megan Racing downpipe and Nismo exhaust. I’ve got to say I’m very pleased with the result. Lots of extra power above 3500 rpm in 2nd and onwards. Got the Nismo stuff at a wrecker for $220, the downpipe for $200 new from Revspot in Richmond BC and my friend James installed it all at his muffler shop for another $180. Would I have paid full price for these items? For sure.

Happy to read everything went well for you. Putting on upgrades is always fun!

You have a Spec V Right? How loud is the exhaust?

Not too bad, I installed it for him. It is comparable to yours Ryan, it has a Nismo header, Megan down pipe, and I believe Nismo the rest of the way out. It’s an 04 Spec just like mine only red. He is also running the stock intake.

Why has he not come out to meets? Also which reckers did her get that stuff from??

Black gold i believe. He’s a family man, not much free time. I used to work with him a while ago.

Family you say. Cool

At 3500 with the pedal to the floor in 2nd, it’s loud. It’s a nice sound though. Actually, it’s totally addictive too (not good for fuel economy). It is possible to keep the sound down with light pedal pressure but I’m not sure that’s going to be happening much, at least for a while anyways.

Yes, it was Black Gold. I went there for a new sun visor and left with some Nismo goodies. The car stunk of Rastaman Vibrations which might explain why it was there. Someone beat me to the floor mats and cardboard spare cover but overall I was happy that day.