Expensive Ugly Ass Hybrid < 99FRC

Took a road trip out to Oswego a few days ago. I actually made it up to 31 MPG but didn’t take the pic.

Nice! people dont believe me when i say how good mpg i get. I do almost all city driving and average about 17mpg. And i beat the balls off of it just about everytime i take it out. :lol

Yea with the exhaust its impossible to want to shift before 2K haha. I avg 18ish in the city, but if i’m babying it I can see 23.

the art of modern technology :slight_smile:

People dont believe the mileage I get with my car either. I love it! nothing like putting down good power, having a quick ass car, and being anle to put ice cold ac on and still get good mileage :slight_smile:

haha shift under 2k, i dont think ive EVER shifted my car below that!!

:+1 my best pass at the valley on wednesday was with the A/C on full blast LOL!

fucking vettes get insane mileage.

:+1 again lol

I got 32 average when I drove to CT and back. Picked up my tranny and converter from my first builder. Yes… I put a 4L60e and a torque converter in the back of the vette. Lol

No offense, but those digital displays are known to be 3-4 mpg off.

Still insanity.

:Idiots, You know you’re putting water on the track/staging lanes when you do this right? You’re not supposed to… just sayin.

i was also sweating balls, while waiting for dumb ass LVD to get organized and put my whole lane thru, then forgot to shut it off when pulling up…just sayin.

there’s guys with towels for a reason. it will be ok scully.

:rofl

Yeah the only way to get a pretty accurate mpg reading is to have your tank topped off so you can see gas in the filler neck (Which is bad to do on some cars) and drive a known measured distance. Then re fill your tank to the filler neck and calculate.

Or I will let a computer in my car calculate how much fuel was used in whatever distance I drove to come up with a number that is just as accurate as me doing in manually since there are always enough variable to make the calculations +/- 1-2MPG.

But that is not the point of this thread…

Yup that’s why I picked up an analog gauge! :thumbup

WTF how does that work? does it need a fuel level sending unit and an odo sensor too?

EDIT wait… is this a joke that went flying over my head right now?

or just fill ur tank till it clicks, instead of trying to get in the filler neck (wtf), drive till u need to fill up again, fill to it clicks again, divide miles driven by gallons u put in.

i took the GTO to oakridge NJ last night, doing 70mph i was averaging 25mpg, 400hp, 4000lb car. verified it by the trip vs gas pumped to refill.

the long 6th gears in the LSx cars help out alot.

Fuck yeah. 6th gear is .56 Ratio in my Z, and .51 in the non Z’s

Yeah I was joking, it’s a real gauge but it’s digital still :lol