F-150 4.6L = Chevy 1500

Were going down xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and come up to a red light next to this truck. Its got the typical truck mod, exhaust, siqqqq. So anyways I’m slowing down for the red light but it goes green so I start to drive away normally but the Chevy kid doesn’t like the fact that I’m ahead of him and quickly floors it and passes me. I quickly realized that he did not pull that hard on me. I quickly thought to myself, a truck mine could possibly tie with. So we catch the next red light. I look over, but they don’t even glance. So when the light turned green I floored figuring the Chevy would follow suit. Anyone that knows a 4.6, knows there is nothing in the bottom end. So for the first 5-10 mph it seems as if the truck is taking off normally. Once the engine wakes up a little, somewhere around 15-20, he realizes that I want to play and so does he. At this point I have a fender on him. He floors it well I keep my foot down. He pulls that fender back and puts a bumper on me. The mighty 4.6 with its horribly bad auto shifts into second and I pull the gap back. We are pretty much dead even. I take it up to 45 and shut down having enough fun given the road. He lets off shortly after.

Nothing like a 17-18 second truck race to raise the adrenaline.

I was in the black bmw over in the third lane(not driving), this was as close a race as Ive ever seen with 2 trucks, even if they didnt get past 60. Not too many times your cruising and see 2 big trucks close like that. We figured you didnt have anything done and the kid in the 1500 had at least an exhaust. His truck did sound nice though.

What was that silver car following you?

nice run.

HaHa nice! The silver car was my friend. It was a Saturn Ion with a 2.2 ecotech. That thing moves pretty good. I think the 1500 was only a 305 because of how slow it was. You probably couldn’t even tell we were racing.

Cool. I know because my friends brother has a f150 and that thing moves, I thought you were just playing with that kid. I know for a fact f150s have a little more in them. Nice truck =]

For the first few seconds we thought you were going to go, then you guys took a while to get up to 60 or w/e, so we were like meh, better than a ricer flyby =]

Ha, the 4.6 doesn’t have balls, but the 5.4 does. I should know, we own both.

i should race u in my dads f150 it would be the slowest race in history

ill race ya in my truck hehe

wait for it

:picard: