240sx > Ford F-150

rolling through neighbooring town today on Rt.XX and i notice this medium dark green f-150 mashin on the gas messin around with other car and so we catch a light but theres a few cars in head of us , i get on it hard into 2nd gear and then put along , cars clear and i get stuck at a light , right as hes rollin up the light turns green , i nail it and punch through 1st , immediately pop a half a car on him , bang second and hold the half car and gain a lil more , nail 3rd and get to around 5K and the fuel cuts(bad sensor) , when it cut i had a full car and a lil more on him , id say i was the victor especially when i went from a dig and he had a 2-5 mph roll already started…it was a good one all in all , we pulled into the gas station and chatted a wee bit told him my situation and he countered with ,“its only a v6” , my car is an SOHC 4 cylinder , with a catback and about 90 rwhp…:stuck_out_tongue: hahahahha

people in deisel trucks always seem to try and race me in my sti on NFB.

hahhhahahah

up here in massena there is this one F350 thats got some work done to it
i talked to the guy and he said it was dynoed at 400 hp and about 800 foot lbs
and i was with a kid i used to hang out with and that truck from 0-to about 95 would kick some ass
but the brand new impala ss would catch him up top
deff a fun truck though
he pulled on the highway and mashed the gas and when u see an 8000 lbs truck kick sideways with a BOV goin off it will make u a lil wet in your pants
LOL
IK

good kill!

in school (otc) my buddy drove a cummins like that, but it made 650whp and 1100ftlbs… he also had his stacks coming up from the bed of the truck, 2 4inch stacks, he also had a switch where he could run full rich thus causing huge black clouds of sut… very cool, dulies are hott

mmmm Kodiaks…

my 5.4 f 150 is slow as butt

ummm diesels dont have BOV’s there pal

Deisel trucks FTW :tup:

yeah , i deff digg the diesel power…its nuts…that should be the new 240sx and fc rx-7 swap , big ass powerstroke v-8 muahahaaa

he is prolly confuzed,
he prolly means the hissing coming from the turbo, and the wastegate…

there is no throttle signal for the bovvvv to open im with sr20

yeah , i dont exactly know why they dont use BOV’s i think because they are such lawrge compressors and do not rev as high and do not generate such rapid highs and lows it doesn’t need to let off the excessive boost pressure , instead it just reuses it…, my frriends uncle has a powstroke v8 with the bullydog chips and straight pipes and everything and that turbo hiss is maddd loud and yet it still doesnt have a bov…guess we’ll leave the bov’s for the gasoline drinkers…

ive probably been one of those guys when i take my friends truck…

as far as i know, diesels dont have any throttle body, there is no vaccum, when a driver presses the gas in a diesel that is exactly what he is doing, adding fuel, not allowing more or less air in or out, Turbo diesel engine use a Waste gate to let the pressure bleed past the turbo. I have seen some people use pop off valves in High HP engines but not too many have had good resulte. Most when going to bigger turbos just use an external WG to bleed off the excess pressure.

soo if you wanted to put a bov on a diesel, it wouldent do anything when you let off

actually, bigtrucks, run like 40lbs…

id say thats a pretty big high and low :tup:

yes im aware of this , the aforementioned friend’s uncle’s truck run 42lbs , and yeah its big highs and lows but it dotn need to blast it out as quickly as gas engines do…wastgates do the job for it

yes sir! your exactly right! :tup: