F-150 Questions

Thinking about dropping the TrailBlazer and getting a truck. Seems more and more I have to borrow one plus its a pain having to use a trailer to haul my quad around.

Looking for opinions and experience with 2011+ F-150’s.

everyone in know with an eco-boost F-150 is super happy and they are selling like crazy

I am in the same camp.

looking at the ecoboost and then the new Ram is advertised at excellent highway fuel economy.

anyone have real world mpg experience?

wow dealers was scum. I’m being offered 8k-10k trade in on my SS. According to them they are bending over backwards to do that.

I have a 13 Ecoboost F150 Super Crew that in 34k miles has a lifetime fuel mileage of 15.2 mpg. Mine does have the Max Tow Package with 3.73 gears but most people don’t seem to be showing much better mileage than the 5.0 trucks. Overall still very happy and it is a truck so gas mileage wasn’t really a concern but I will probably trade it when the 2016 Denali 2500 comes out.

I’ve been looking at TBSS’s they are selling fairly cheap. Is yours AWD? any mods? I might go buy a 2006 3ss with a forged 402 ls2 with a built trans 110k on the body the guy wants $12k obo. Has 20K on motor and trans.

We have a ton of F150 work at my work. I would NOT buy one with my money. I drive a 2014 5.0 Crew Cab… its nice but I wouldn’t spend my money on it.

Daily now has 26K miles and I average 14.3 mpg
http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?279768-2014-F150-FX2-New-Daily-Beater

Goggle Ecoboost and condensation.

See some issues here…
http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?233152-Now-Blown-by-twins

We got a Ram for my wife and I couldn’t be happier with it.
http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?278756-2013-Ram-2500

In short

So I had most bolt on stuff and a tune, truck ran very well. Trans let go at 48K miles purchased a BRAND NEW TRANS from Ford and put the truck back to stock. They new trans ended up having a bad bearing in it, less then 50 miles on the trans 3rd gear blew through the side of the case hitting the turbo. A mixture of hot tranny fluid, oil and coolant + sparks started it on fire. Burnt the truck down in November. Ford tried giving me shit about it being modded even though it was stock and they re-issued a 3 year unlimited mileage warrantee when I spent $6K+ on a trans for a 2012 F150 that stickered a hair under $50K. They JUST ended up settling for like $37K credit on another Ford. Ended up with another F150 this time with the 5.0 (Had to be from dealer stock, otherwise I would have ordered an FX2 with the 6.2L.)

If you buy a Ford and want it to be fast with their auto6 pull the trans out and send it off to circle D or someone to do the oil and cooling mods and put in a decent stall with billet shafts. The suck stock, I had nothing but issues with the trans.

The Ecoboost engines are OK, but they still haven’t really figured out the condensation issues with them. Google ecoboost condensation or studder, they pretty much gather water in the intercooler then suck it up when you need power and she falls on her face. Happened a TON to me before I put in the big intercooler and modded her up.

I wouldn’t buy one but that’s just me… and its not because mine failed they just don’t have them dialed in yet.

If you want a fast truck get a 5.3L chevy, toss in a cam or turbo it. Make great power, be able to tune it and last forever.

My 2015 silverado gets 23mpg highway/ 16 city. And is had 3.42 gears. In the summer I am thinking it’ll do 25 easy.

2013 F-150 w/ ecoboost and I get around 17mpg regular highway driving. I get about 9mpg towing my 27 foot enclosed snowmobile trailer. Truthfully, I liked my 2011 5.0L better. Got 20mpg highway and 12-13 towing. Plus it sounded like a real truck.

Any complaints ? My dad is looking at getting a new 2500 with the cummins. I was blown away at how nice it rides

Nope, not a single complaint. I would suggest the Ram to anyone. It rides great, has tons of power, is pretty cheap and gets better fuel economy then my gassers. Ours stickered at about $60K and I ended up paying $42K. I’m pretty sure the 15’s have a 4 link out back too which is sweet!

My 2014 F150 5.0 Loaded 2wd was $45k sticked in the 50s

you got a great deal on that 2500!

You didn’t think they were actually going to give you what you wanted, or even close to it on the first visit?

Got a deal. Trade it in tomorrow on a 2012 f-150, 5.0, 19k miles. Got 15.5k for the SS.

I have no complaints with my 12 5.0. It tows pretty decent and I can still average 15-16 mpgs. My only gripe is I went with an stx package.I didn’t plan on driving it so much with two other cars. Now the interior annoys me to the point I am aggravated driving it daily. I think it’s time to upgrade to an fx4

I’ve got a 12 fx4 with the 5.0 - it’s great i have zero complaints, about 15-16mpg in the winter, i was around 18-19mpg in the summer. Sometimes I miss having a car but having a truck is much more practical with owning a home and only having one vehicle.

6mt Tacoma crew cab trd 4x4 for under 30k

Or… if I win the lotto…

Raptor.

Or… if I feel like pulling a @XwalkerX and buying old crap.

clean rust free west coast C10

All other trucks are meh to me.

(and that my friends is my completely irrelevant :2cents: on this awful Monday afternoon)

The 2016 Tacoma Off Road 6MT is probably going to be pretty cool. Planning on seriously considering it as my next vehicle.

Glad you’re happy with the deal!

I don’t know how you guys get this fuel economy. I must drive like a total jerk because putting on 30k miles a year is mostly highway and for the life of my truck I cant can break 15mpg. Totally stock crew cab 2wd loaded w/ towing package. My Ecoboost was a pig too but at least it was fast.

Our 2500 4x4 Ram will do 22 mpg highway with 35" tires. LoL the 1500 diesel with the 8 speed is supposed to be killing it.

The 1500 gets about 31 I think. Not that I would expect it to be a race truck but it’s like 1.5 seconds slower than silverado and Eco boost in 0-60

Ward’s calls out Ford’s EcoBoost engines for their crummy fuel economy