ECOBOOST torture tests!

http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/experiencef150/

watch all the vids.

very very cool but…is it all believeable? please input your thoughts.

Motor looks good, thing will probably be a beast.

ecoboost = new LSx

Ecoboost FTW

ecoboost > yota crap

:slight_smile:

very interesting. time to buy a SHO.

I need moar ecoboost. DZL PLZ. kthxbye.

yota unicorn racing > all

my father has a new sho and its a great car!

idk if I’d 100% believe that, but fucking nutty none the less

I had an 89’ back in the day. I will keep my eye open for the new one’s in a couple years when they go down in price…and juding by the video miles of shit taking wont be an issue…lol.

the fucking lumber hauling test and the head to head was fucking gay.

christ i could pull one log at a time up that hill with my jetta.

and head to head? really FORD??? You took your top of the line motor and put it up against a 5.3 (wheres the fucking 6.0) and gave the ford 3:73s while the rest had like 3:42s and lower. Dodge test was probably accurate cause their shit sucks.

They used comparatively priced trucks, the ecoboost isn’t the top motor for the ford either.

They stated all of this in the video, and those were some big ass logs.

I think they’re doing work, is this direct injected?

yes.

Damn that sucks.

I mean, cool for power, but bad for longevity me thinky.

why? diesels are DI and last fucking forever? Same principle in injection. I have the god damn worst injectors ever created in my truck and they are still strong at 140k.

The head to head i agree with. but i think it was more of a…6 vs 8 thing than anything else.

but the pulling of the logs, really Wayne, really? not only do they weigh 5500lbs but think of the coefictient of friction they have to overcome towing up dirt. not to mention the traction has to be there. i first said the same thing, then thought about it some more.

watch ax men. fucking any truck could move those fucking logs. ANY TRUCK.

I’ve never heard of a DI gas motor that hasn’t gunked its intake ports into oblivion inside of 100k miles. Idk why really so I probably shouldn’t be talking about it, but I’ve heard so many horror stories from BMW’s N54 motors, and there’s one other recent motor at least that has issues that slips my mind.

Any motor can run warmed up for 150k hard miles, I want to see it idle for a year and crawl through traffic for 150k. And then I want to see every interior feature fail in 5 yrs.