F.A.S.T. guys break into the 9's on Polyglass tires

best drag racing there is IMO.

I was there it was last saturday !! they also had Cottons Orange Buick GN run 8.4x’s Some really nice old school buicks too !!

i need to get to a FAST event or the pure stock muscle car drags.

The F.A.S.T series is pretty sweet, but nothing on those cars is anything close to what it was when they left the factory. Dave Dudek’s Road Runner was in a recent magazine article and they explained some of the tricks to going this fast with ‘OEM’ parts. Most of these guys are running 15:1 compression, 500+ cubes, acid dipped suspension components, etc, etc. They even grind off the outside/inside tread of the front tires so the least amount of tire contacts the track surface. Wilson is even doing port work on OEM cast iron manifolds. Any trick they can come up with, they put it to use. These cars are race cars in serious disguise.

There is a lot of discussion lately about the safety of these cars running those speeds/ETs on basically junk bias ply tires (same tires the cruise night guys use on their factory original type restos - not specially made tires) and the lack of full cages in them. They will slow down with full cages in them.

The Cecil track is probably one of the best tracks to race on. The track on Saturday had cool air warm track little wind and you could hear people walking across the starting line it was so sticky. If you havent been there you should definately go ! I raced my caddy there several times even with junk michelines it hooked pretty dam good.

BEE OHH BEE greg w./ the national wanted to stop up some weekend you guys should road trip up here I can get you a hotel room and well all go together on a weekend.

but they look stock! thats why i like them.
is that wilson place in irwin? whatever place is irwin did the exhaust manifolds on my GS.

Thats why I like them too. But most think these cars are ‘stock’ cars.

Extrude Hone is in in Irwin. Wilson Manifolds is in Florida. Wilson is very well known in the EFI world and I believe they make pro stock manifolds and such. They are also well known for their CNC porting on aluminum manifolds. They do CNC work on cast iron stuff too, which isn’t something that many shops offer due to the expense of programming and the possibility of doing 1 or 2 pieces. I would imagine that it is very expensive. If the F.A.S.T. guys can run an ‘OEM’ manifold, then I’m sure it is worth the expense to them.

That’s pretty bad ass. I love drag cars that still look like street cars… or cars at all for that matter.