F-Body & LSX Enthusiasts!

add me to that list of deff. going!

Like I said, me and the girlfriend already have the house booked in north myrtle right across from the board walk. Im 100% legit going…have for the last 2 years. I just havent decided which day to drive down yet (15th or 16th) but that will depend when you guys want to go. Im not sure if you guys have ever done the drive before but its best to leave here around 4pm, so by the time we get into new jersey and the usual busy area’s, its past hours and traffic isnt bad…then I drive all night long on open roads with no traffic! That seems to be the best way. Worked the last 2 years flawless.

took less then 12 hours said and done one way…that consist of stopping for your usual gas pit stops, food, stretching legs and what not…80mph cruise control FTW

yeah it isnt a terrible drive, i go to wildwood every summer for 10 days, and i usually leave albany area at like 4a.m to avoid traffic and it works well.

We can alter departure time. I’m a morning person and wouldn’t mind getting to Myrtle Beach at 6pm or so. I started at 7am cause I know a couple of people considering trailers and such and I know that takes time to get rigs set up safe and secure.

I want to do whats best for the group. I think driving with a group will be more interesting and help with fatigue.

The issue I have with leaving at night is that on Wed I don’t get out of work until 6-7pm so I would be leaving at 8 or 9 after a 12hr work day. This means taking another day off work or leaving Thur night but I dont want to be sleeping all day Fri when there is stuff to do. Otherwise it would be a great idea…

PS. SSmokin - Attendance list above ^

when are you planning on leaving to go down then?

I also work all day, and then go down…a few energy drinks and what not help me alot!

I think I am doing an okay job of keeping the original post update with all important info. PLZ refer to that for future questions. If its not there I will be happy to answer or try and find an answer.

SSmokin:I see that you frequent the thread on LS1Tech so if you have updates to add please feel free

Im going to try and get the car to go down. I gotta talk to Ryan and to Richie to see if he would want to go down

Hmm, might hafta get a trailer and put the big pills in it and head down :evilking :lol

im down

You are 100%? cause I will add you too the special persons list

94GT5.Slow… You wont do it :stuck_out_tongue:

im definently down to go, ride, drive, whatever. i should be in school then so just gotta plan accordingly.

List updated Sir

as of right now i believe me and rankin(ONOPOPO) are gonna be down for the ride

Attending List:
-Johawk
-99FRC
-SSmokinn SS
-allblackedout5
-Mk4 30R
-mcflurry
-OhNoPOPO

Maybe List:
-Wizard13
-1evilzr1
-AlpineSkiier
-88slowmarro
-psi2high
-plaf713
-LS?WS.6
-kdubs

Does this look right to everyone? Let me know if I have to make changes…

Update:
“There will be entry fees for the show, not sure about general admission though (doubt it). Same goes with the events…if we have a track day, there will be a fee to run your car, but not sure about spectating. We stil haven’t totaled up our cost yet, we’re getting there! Yesterday I received a PM from a sponsor that I’m sure everyone on here has heard of and would be real excited to see at our event, so this will impact the cost situation as well. fingers crossed!”

nice!!!

Smoking, get in touch with me about the plans. The girl is pumped about going too, we just need to get an idea of whats up.

I will do!

only thing is, plans changed on our house we are renting down there. We found one for cheaper, but it only has 2 rooms so you guys would need to find your own place…but in the ls1tech thread, they have reserved 50 hotel rooms for 75$ each…thats cheap!

as it gets closer, will will figure more out on and drive down and shit.

damn so many events goin on this summer that i want to go to. but im prolly gonna be workin my ass off all summer to get wat i want this yr!

"Alright…here’s the news for today. On my lunch break I called Myrtle Beach Speedway and set up a track day for all of us. Bill Hennesey, who I spoke with and is going to manage this event, was a huge help. He is going to treat us just like the Mustang Week guys…i.e. we do NOT have to pay for a track rental, which would be in the $thousands$. Here is what we know as of now…

-This event will be on Friday the 16th from 3pm-8pm
-Cost to participate in any or all events: $20. Cost to spectate: $5.
-Everyone MUST sign a release form the day of the event.
-Particpates MUST wear helmets…no roll cage, fire suits, any of that required. Just drive up and have fun.
-EMS on site

Here’s the list of activities…
-Auto cross
-Track runs (Run your car as hard as you want around the track, 2 cars at a time. Cones will be set up to keep cars off banks and keep speeds safe).
-“Street Drag”…Starting at the end of turn 4, you will be allowed to drag race to the start/finish line. Just like it’s done on the street!
-0-60-0 Competition
-possibly an exhaust competition
-Burnout Contest (this will be the last event, and no line locks, powerbraking, etc will be allowed. Car must stay rolling, Bill doesn’t want the pavement dug up)

This is a GREAT oppurtunity to legally run your car in a variety of different things. You can’t find this good of a deal ($20 to do all this…come on!) so we hope this generates a big turnout! This is all I have for now, as always we will post info as we recieve it. Next up will be info on the vendors who will be helping us for the weekend. These will definitely be shops you have heard of, and a chance for you to see their stuff!"

There will be a cruise in at Berky’s Friday night…starts around 6pm…I think. But most of us will be at the speedway until 8 or so…then we can cruise over to Berky’s if we have time.

Friay night after the Burkey’s cruise-in…all the F-Bodies will cruise Ocean Blvd. I hope people get pics and vids of this, it will be an awesome site seeing all these cars take over the main drag beside the ocean.

Damn I gotta go to this. Im def trying to steal the car