F#ck Dumbestics, Turbo honda 4L

500 HP out of 7.1L - Not too impressive…

650WHP out of a 7.1L - yeee haaa

Umm… Direct competitor would incline that it was able to “compete” with them. The NSX was no doubt a “cool looking” car, but just not what it was made out to be.

It cannot keep up with a Stock Vette from the same year, let alone a Ferrari or Porsche.

Lets see, a Stock 2002 Honda NSX-R, is STILL slower, than the BASE Corvette of 2001. Pretty sad for the price if you ask me.

7.0 :grin:

you are only comparing straight lines, aren’t you…

I was there, and back then they probably beat them in most cornering. however:
2005 Corvette = 3179 lbs

2005 NSX = 3153 lbs

I don’t consider 26 lbs to be any sort of a deal breaker. And then when you get 110 more hp and 176 ft/lbs more torque (400hp/400tq)… for $45k LESS than the NSX.

factor in the Z06, and at 3130 lbs its LIGHTER than the NSX and has 210 more hp and 251 more torque. (500/475) The whole “domestics can’t handle” is a bit old now. Look at the ZO6 (still EASILY in the NSX Pricerange), check the Nurburgring Times :wink:

I’d take the Vette, Call me stupid, but ehh Track times don’t lie to me.

I dont see how this is even an argument. Maybe for the “Look at me” aspect it would win, but that is about it. It is an outdated car, and gets beat by anything in its pricerange, and many cars under its pricerange.

update:
Z06’s of any year can hold a corner as well as an nsx and I dont think the stock c5 w/z51 suspension ($300 option on the c5’s) would lose much if any ground…trust me, the handle well.

I still love the NSX though…someday…TT NSX-T :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s exactly what it did…from 91 until 99 it was FASTER/EQUAL to it’s Ferrari counter part and when the 360 came out it was slightly slower in acceleration but still on par on tracks. With the release of the 430 the NSX couldn’t hang anymore and it was retired.

No one was going “Hey I’m thinking about an NSX, but shit I think I’m going to go for the Vette”

The whole point of the NSX was to offer exotic QUALITY, DESIGN AND PERFORMANCE at a more reasonable price point. Which it did, almost unchanged, for 14 years.

It wasn’t even until VERY recently that the vette was even close to being able to perform on par with an NSX on the track.

I’ve driven both an NSX and a C6 Vette…The driving dynamic behind the NSX is LIGHTYEARS ahead of the standard Vette.

Thats pretty impressive given the powerplant in the NSX. By comparison.

Anyone who thinks the NSX was overpriced is a Racist. There, I said it.

Haha, The NSX was not up to par with the Ferraris, what Ferrari are you comparing it to? The 360 Modena seems to me like it is MUCH faster. The Honda was using outdated technology, that is their fault, you cannot use that as an excuse.

Hey, that looks alot like the Vette (only the vette is much cheaper). Realistically, most owners of the NSXs, are just like Corvette drivers, older men, who never take it to the track, and on the street, what do you think would win?

The NSX-R could only muster a 4.9 second 0-60 time, and 11.4 0-100. You can say that is a straight line, but Acceleration is very important in road racing.

I have nothing against these cars, but looking at other cars, its just way too overpriced from the late 90s on. Yeah, it was somewhat impressive back in the day, but by 2000, it has been beaten to the ground.

And if someone is to look at a NSX, and not at least Test Drive a Corvette, Viper, Ferrari etc… I’d call them stupid for throwing down almost 100,000 without looking at the competition. Whether Honda wanted the Corvette to be competition, it was.

:lol:

Oh damn, you caught me:lolsign:

OFF TOPIC: I know I’m labelled as a “import hater” just because of my car, but I reallly do like quite a few imports. I had a 3000GT for a while, and loved the car, and there are quite a few others that I have driven and enjoyed. I just don’t agree with the drooling over the NSX.

Ferrari 348, 355, and 360 were all DIRECT competitors to the NSX…NOT the NSX-R (that was directed to the Challange cars)

FYI, the 360 (the fastest of the ferraris on that list) is a 12.6 1/4 mile car…the 98+ NSX is a 12.8…so…there you have it

Honda was using outdated technology? WTF are you talking about?

Umm…even the C6 has dog shit build quality…yes, I’ve been in one, extensively…

Do you really think I give a fuck about people who are stoplight racing?

No, they were never over-priced.

I don’t even know what you’re getting at here…the only corvette that was ever even close to being a competitor with the NSX was the C5 Z06…and that car’s fit and finish was about on par with a fisher price car.

I don’t know what it’s going to take to get you to understand that

UP UNTIL THE 360 MODENA THE NSX WAS FASTER OR AS FAST AS IT’S FERRARI COUNTERPART. WITH THE RELEASE OF THE 360 IT WAS SLIGHTLY SLOWER IN INITIAL ACCELERATION BUT STILL AS FAST AROUND A TRACK.

If you wouldn’t compare a 348, 355 or 360 to the vette of the same year you shouldn’t compare an NSX to it either.

NEWS FLASH - THE NSX WASN’T MADE IN 2006…THUS YOU CANNOT COMPARE THE C6 Z06 TO IT

Until you realize WHAT the NSX was made for, you won’t be able to appreciate it…once you do…it’s impossible not to love it.

what model 3k did you have? I was in the 3S world for about 5 years

My $250,000 Bently only runs 14s, I think I should go buy a vette because it is 190K less, and is so much faster.

/sarcasm

I just had the 93 SL, but it was a fun litttle car.

Like I said, the NSX’s are Okay cars, but wayy too overpriced for me (yeah, My opinion, my money) I could choose. And you’ve been “in” a corvette. Lemme guess, it was too “Plasticy” on the inside. Wow, you must watch topgear alot.

I don’t really think I’d ever buy any of the “Exotic” or Supercars, even If I did have the money, I’d rather take a smaller car and build it, for a fraction of the price. That is just the way I am. I am not saying I do not appreciate the NSX, I’d love to ride in one and see how it feels, but I don’t go to road courses too often, soo… its a huge waste of money for me.

No, corner exit speed is far more important.

they’re both important :gotme:

umm I’ve driven a C6 vette for 5 or 6 hours…and the quality is shit…but better than the total dogshit that was the C5 vette

So I could say the C6 Z06 is over priced as well…since I can take a go kart chassis and put a turbo R1 motor on it and be 10x faster for 1/2 the price

oh god another joe vs. people who don’t worship the nsx thread