F.S. 1993 Plymouth Laser 5speed turbo

The time has come where I need to sell my baby. Its a 1993 Plymouth Laser, FWD turbo with a 5speed manual transmission

I am the second owner of the car

Bought at ~80,000 miles and immediatly had an the lower end of the engine rebuilt with:

• new bearings
    -machined crank

• new rings

• removed balance shafts

• new timing belt and tensioner

• new water pump

• new gaskets all around

• Tranny has a new clutch fork and ball installed along with new clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder. No problems since

• has symborski shifter kit and roller bearing linkage connectors (huge improvements)

• 2 new tie rods last year with allignment

• new ball joint last week

• 2 “new” front directional tires last month

• cylindar head was replaced at 100k with MLS head gasket and ARP studs

• recapped ECU

Mods on the car include:

• Evo III 16g turbo
  • Ported o2 Housing
  • Full 3" turbo-back Exhaust system with newly installed 3" highflow cat and 3" Hooker muffler at Hybrid Connections
  • S-AFC
  • Boost Gauge
  • Hacked Air Can with K&N filter
  • 2g throttle body elbow
  • Upgraded compressor outlet elbow
  • Blitz Fatt DC Turbo Timer installed with proper Harness
  • Removed Balance Shafts

This car is the car of the month on wnydsm.org right now and pics can be seen there and in my personal gallery. The entire car was repainted 2 years ago and was all done by myself. White is factory white and the black (including flames) is a custom black pearl. Right now, It has Talon side skirts mounted on the sides. They are still black in color. I was planning on repainting the lower half of the car all white, but havent been able to do this yet. If the buyer would like this done, I would be more than happy to do at an additional cost that can be worked out later (i’ll give you a good deal). Also, The car now has talon swirly 16" wheels spray painted black by previous owner of the wheels. The factory Laser wheels fell victum to a huge pothole some time ago.

There is a noise comming from the top of the engine, somewhere in the head most likely. Not rod knock Not positive what it is, but its only present when the throttle is opened. Idles smooth and drives smooth, just with a loud ticking

The car (body, chassis) now has 105k on it as a whole, but engine was redone at 80 and 100k

with the car I will include:

• Hard UICP flanged for 1g BOV hand-crafted by Lee at Hybrid Connections
  • 190 Walbro fuel pump new in the box
  • New ball joint in the box with lifetime warrenty from NAPA
  • Boost controler

asking: $2200

thanks for looking
cell# is 716-208-6154

This pic is from before the black Talon sideskirts.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/Jskrapper/album_pic.jpg

This car was well taken care of, and rarely beat on. Just the un-luck of the draw with this head noise issue.

GLWS.

I raced this car when it had the 14b turbo still. It was quick then.

thanks guys. Im gonna really miss this car. Hopefully it will find a good home and owner. Its a fairly rare model and I would much like to see it live on.

Bummmmmmmmmmmp. this car is OG.

man if it didnt have a head noise i would so get it

its most likely something in the valve train such as a spring or lifter. May be an easy fix. If you would like to come check it out, letme know. cell is 208-6154.

If i get some free time this week, Im gonna try and look at it…see if I can narrow it down more.

If no one shows interest by next week, I will probably be parting it out

Bumpity

Im going away this weekend and will be back monday. Next week will probably end the sale and parting out will begin

Taking offers

its most likely just the lifters. you can get a set of lifters for less than $150 or so.

this is a pretty nice car and definitely worth 2200 :tup:

i really dont want to see my Laser turn into a parts car, I feel it has so much more potential than that. Plus, turbo’d Lasers are rather rare

Please, someone give her a good home. I really wish I could keep it, so much fun to drive.

thanks
-chris

bump for nice car. ive seen this car at the meets and its a realy clean car. i have a red awd laser so i know how good these cars are and the rarenes of lasers. to nice of a car to part out man hope someone takes it off your hands. oh off the subject hows junkyard joe doing havent seen him in awhile his car still down?.

where were you last november? i would have picked it up in a heart beat instead of the POS i bought.

make noise go bye bye lol

sorry, I really haven’t had even 10 minutes to look at it lately. If anyone would like to come look at it, your more than welcome to poke around at it.

Im leaving this morning (thurs.) and will be home sometime monday.
call the cell and leave a message 208-6154. I’ll get it when i get home.

thanks