F1: Suzuka

…is on Speed now. LIVE! Go watch it. IF you don’t have Speed, and I know you personally, you can come over and watch it at my place :slight_smile: Starts in 15 minutes.

GO SATO!

INCREDIBLE race!!!
Action all the way til the last lap. We discovered that not only is Alonso the world champ, but the boy has got some big cajones as well! And Raikkonen… if his luck was better…

i saw the qualifing but missed the race :frowning:

I have never seen so many daredevil passes in an F1 race since I don’t know when. WOW! :smiley: Guys were passing ON THE OUTSIDE of turn 1 and 2, as well as the turn after the back straight. CRAZY!!!

Amazing start to the race, felt bad for Sato, it would seem that he was pushed wide by one of the Williams cars and ended up in the kitty litter. He had a bad day, as later on he smashed into Montoya in the same spot he smashed into Shumacher 3 years ago. I’m betting they penalize him for that one.

Kimi did an awesone job, and got the best result possible for McLaren to stay in the constructor’s championship hunt. You figure if Montoya wasn’t punted off the track, he would have finished in the points too, and it wouldn’t be as close as it is now.

If you guys haven’t tried it out yet, Formula1.com has free live timing, and it’s very accurate and FAST. We were seeing lap times, splits, and pit info faster than the announcers, and it was easier to keep track of the big picture when the sattelite feed started concentrating on one or two cars.

EDIT: As for the penalty/investigation stuff that happened during the race: According to the stewards, it was JV’s fault. He was penalized 25s, effectively losing him a place for causing the incident with Montoya.

Sato was excluded from the race, and for good reason. I wonder if they will yank his superlicense. Being excluded from a race is a really stiff penalty.

The live timing worked really well. You could easily see how things were going to unfold before they actually happened.

I agree, GO SATO. Go somewhere besides F1!

Haha, I think it’s that number. 4 is unlucky in Japan, he shouldn’t have had that on his car. He’s just had a lot of bad luck this year.

He does seem like kind of a cool guy, I must admit. Some of the bad luck he made for himself though.

Yes, sometimes he makes horrible on-track decisions. The sad thing is there are plenty of times when he does everything right, and then the car or the team fails him.

There needs to be more of a heads up on this, some one should start a “cool shit on speed this week” so I can plan for some of these

www.speedtv.com

The schedule is on their website. You should make it a habit to check there every thursday or Friday to see when all the cool races are on.

For instance, this weekend:

-Rolex Sports Cars @ Phoenix on Sunday

• F1 Practice, Qualifying, and Race @ Shaghai (Fri-Sun)

• Speed World Challenge (Touring Car & GT, Sun)

• World Superbike from Magny-Cours.

the list goes on… :slight_smile:

:tup: thanks

you just have to catch the good racing in between all the nascar