MotoGP 2014

WOW! I am HOOKED!

That was some incredible racing between the accidents and Rossi vs Marquez. It’s amazing how much control these guys need to have in order to maintain stability otherwise they will wipe out. Marquez was all over the place with that rear tire.

I’ve been a long time football/basketball fan and I have seen more than my share of nail biters/clutch moments…but I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything as ‘edge of your seat’ as MotoGP. Me thinks I’m going to go to the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix this year.

Simply incredible.

Since this was my first race that I’ve ever watched (up until now I’ve just played the old video games and seen clips/compilations on YouTube)…I have some questions:

1. Do these guys communicate with the pit in real-time like they do in NASCAR?
  2. I didn’t see a pit stop today…do these guys use the pits mid-race (for things like refueling and tires) or are all races short enough where they can get by on one gas tank and one set of tires?
  3. What did Lorenzo do wrong? I’m obviously still new to riding…did he brake the front too hard which caused the front to loose grip causing his lowside?

1) No, their only communication is through the boards that are help up as they go past the start/finish (typically just lap times, position, time ahead / behind).
2) No pit stops.
3) I missed the race so I can’t say for sure what Lorenzo did.

You have a lot to learn, Motogp is the top level of racing yet the most boring. But the new rules in place has made it more interesting than it’s been in years…

The new rules in place have really hurt the Factory yamaha the most. The new tries kill the yamaha’s edge grip (This is where the Yamaha is most dangerous! what it lacks in speed to the honda it makes up for in the turns.) and the fuel restraint kills the over all speed of the bike. Rossi himself has sad “the yamaha is now the slowest bike he has ever ridden in memory.

(If you don’t know yet MotoGP is in the pocket of Honda!):tdown:

When the open class rules made the Ducati perform way better than it has since stoner in 2007 Honda started screaming foul. Then motogp does what it always does when Honda threatens to leave Changes rules! two weeks before the season opens… so if ducati actually starts winning they can lose a lot of the privileges they have under the open class…

Jorge Lorenzo, I rank him up there with marc it’s a Yen and Yang. One is all grunt the other is smooth.

What Lorenzo did wrong, I can’t say he did anything wrong it was the tires.
The track was colder today then it has been all weekend. The new bridgestone compound no one is in love with. In fact all the riders dislike it, There were more crashes this opening race than I ever expected to see. Why b-stone wont go back to last years compound I have no IDEA!
On top of that This is Qatar we are talking about it’s surrounded by a desert sand blows on the track all the time. Without grip the factory Yamaha is crippled.

Lorenzo tried to get out in front and run away with the race like he always does at Qatar, but the track temperature and the new compound in the tires did him in. I’ve never seen him qualify 5th on the gird. OR struggle in FP.

Some would Argue look at Alex E. on the Open M1 yamaha, but to them I say this keep in account the open Yamaha is using a 2012 M1 frame also has 4 more liters of fuel and can run a softer compound tire.

When crutchlow was on Tech three he demanded that new factory frame and gas tank both of which he HATED! lol If Factory yamaha doesn’t run open class next year or B-stone doesnt’ fix the tire issue I can see Lorenzo moving on to Honda.

BSB

WSBK

I’d dare even say AMA is more interesting then MotoGP, but god the video coverage is amateurish.

Thanks.

Thanks for the mini-education. I’ve heard of WSBK before…do they have live TV coverage or is the coverage crap?

beIN sports, TWC channel 417

Thanks!

I use R4m

I use R4M as well…

WSBK is the best.

MotoGP used to be the best… rules killed it, though, Qatar this season had me on the edge of my seat! I hate the constant rule changes … it should be race what you brought, not 100 different sets of rules for each different bike.

Geoff May riding an EBR in wsbk this year. He fell in practice and broke his collarbone before the first race unfortunately

It’s Hondas fault, I had no clue how much power they had in motoGP till recently. Also enjoy WSBK while you can Dorna now owns WSBK and put rules in place that changed this year… and NEXT it’s only going to get worse thats why they are testing the “EVO Class” in WSBK now. sigh

• Updated - - -

Yeah what a bummer, I was interested to see what the EBR could do.