Fabbed up a new DP for a friends car today

im making custom turbo kits for tiburon owners who do not have the patience to deal with all of the custom aspects of it

made this today with a 300 dollar mig welder and a cutoff wheel and a straight piece of mild steel

its 3" and has to wrap that way to clear the alternator

thats some nice welding on those red X’s

damn, its coming up here, hang on

The welds look like shit. Maybe i can teach you a little something something…lol jk. Mine always come out like that too. Did you check if you have any leaks?
why didnt you just buy U bends from KS, and weld a couple straight to it?

either way.Nice job. I know those downpipes can be a bitch sometimes…so ahhh, fuck yeah… :tspry: :tspry:

what are you welding with?

A chickens ass. The welds look like chicken shit.

jk, as long as it doesnt leak, it should be g2g.

one nice way to get pentration on the welds , instead of trying to tackweld the pipes together with a slight space, is to tackweld them together toughing each other, then use a hacksaw to cut a gep between them again

nice job, if u want some more practice u can do a downpipe on my civic??

Nice DIY Job…

not too shabby. :tup:

i have a lincoln electric handimig 300 it was heating up alot today, if i welded for too long it wasnt starting right everytime, so if i let it cool down it did better

all of the pie cuts were touching when i welded them, i woulda liked to have used a tig, but i dont have an extra grand laying around

i also taught myself how to weld

Holy fuckin welds.

yea, with a 3" DP u have to get creative to make it miss teh alternator and the engine block and make it snage back around the tranny brace

my shitty 120 mig welds like that… fucking no power POS… i should have got a 220v

yea, this mig is a 120 as well… it works though, it may not be pretty

Not bad, what you need is:

Perfect Circle / Twenty Gauge powdered metal wire.

This works great on exhaust pipes.