Falcon Heavy / SpaceX Launch

I believe the service requirements actually need to be met 3 years from now.
Good to know the FCC is so smart that they will give the money to some other 4rd rate competitor with an even lower chance of meeting the goal in 3 YEARS.

Good thing the FCC is not some government organization that might want to persecute an individual for political reasons. /pinkfont

1 Like

I was just on a cruise with StarLink, and let me tell you Iā€™ve cruised several times and for the first time ever I had usable internet. It was fantastic.

I already have both. My Starlink (ADK) is faster than my Spectrum (City). I pay $80 for Spectrum, $90 for Starlink. Starlink has never lost connection in heavy rain or snow. Donā€™t ask me how. I know it shouldnā€™t be comparable on paper but it really is that good. Even the Starlink router has fantastic range.

Iā€™m really just waiting for T-Mobile mmWave to come to Buffalo :cowboy_hat_face:

Cell towers in space!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1742396904619581642?t=LteC0UFvHu2j6AyaQzM7ig&s=19

More info:

Once activated, the service will connect with ordinary, unmodified phones without the need for extra equipment so long as they are 4G LTE-compatible, a standard T-Mobile said covered the ā€œvast majority of smartphonesā€ already on its network back in 2022.

Starlink said it plans to roll out a text messaging service using the technology later this year and broader voice, data and IoTā€”the network of connected devices called the internet of thingsā€”services in 2025.

I just want gigabit fiber from green light. Spectrum latency is fucking horrible. Iā€™m still a nerd gamer and best I get is 30-50 ping. Yes Iā€™m hardwired with my own equipment, qos enabled etc etc.

2 Likes

Nerd flex

Gigabit fios fiber to the house FTW. $74/month.

1 Like

I miss Verizon fiber. Spectrum sucks, but beats any of the alternatives.
Iā€™m pretty sure the development 1.5 miles from me gets verizon :frowning:

It also hurts that I keep getting adds for 500 Meg, Verizon @ $25/month with the monthly rape I get for 4 cell phones.

ā€œusuallyā€ can stream 4k? How much does 4k need! Iā€™m lucky if I get 75 of the 300 I pay for.

Spectrum has Cheektowagaā€™s balls in a juicer.

No fiber here unfortunately and this is what $104.95 gets you for just spectrum internet.

And for shits and giggles, this is Verizon 5G+ on my 14 pro max in downtown Chicago.