Fall fishing, upper Niagara River

Anyone want to share some tips/spots for fall fishing (from a boat)? I’m pretty good at finding the bass in the spring and ok in the summer but come fall I struggle to find any good fishing. Only have a US license so looking to stick to the US side.

I went to Devil’s Hole on Sunday. The action was slow, but we landed 2 decent salmon. I lost 3 fish myself, the first one felt like a monster. This is my friend Klye, with his 15lb male:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/bigjoelster/racestuff/ltx/devilshole2_zpsa8ed431e.jpg

I know you said upper, but lower is much better.

Yeah, with no trolling motor my open bow I/O is not really set up for the devil hole drift.

I’ve been shore fishing all summer catching a ton of trout. Nothing real big compared to the Lakes and spawning runs. But there’s nothing better than having shorts and sandals in 80 degree weather and having literally the entire creek to yourself. On a good day I will land 10-15 fish. I do lose a lot of them because I clip the barbs from the hooks, so I can get the fish back into the water fast. I fished cattaraugus yesterday and got 3 nice browns, and lost about 8 or 9. Biggest was around 15-16"

What Were You UsingIf You Don’t Mind Me Asking, I Was Down At Artpark Sunday Using Egg Sacks, Spoons And Jigs With No Luck, Saw A Bunch Though So I Know They Are In there

We were using skein mostly, but egg sacks will work. The last few drifts we switched to quick fish and got a smallmouth bass and 1 solid hit from a salmon. There were probably 20 boats doing the same drift as us. Nobody caught a lot. We landed 2, and i’m pretty sure that was the most of any of them.

Caught 2 nice kings yesterday at the Olcott piers. They are really starting to pick up!

I used to hammer the walleye every fall with my dad catching the drifts by the red roundhouse and the Iron horse. We’d get one at least every other pass.

Went out to Burt dam today. Got this big guy:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/bigjoelster/racestuff/ltx/browntroutburt_zps4d21f09e.jpg

Burt Dam… Aka 18 Mile Sewer.