Fishing 2010

So what’s in season and biting right now in the river/lake? How/where do I catch them?

:roflpicard: I’m a horrible fisherman. Help a brother out.

No clue. I will fish twice this year, once the week before the 4th when we go camping, second in September when then men in my family fly to a remote lake in the Quebec wilderness and eat fish for a week.

walleye mmmmmmm

I keep my fishing stuff in the boat, so last summer I probably had a lure in the water a few times a month. Didn’t catch a damn thing. Usually because after I’d had a couple of beers it dawned on me that if I caught a fish, dealing with it would interrupt my sitting and drinking, so I pulled out. :lol:

But I’d like to catch something tasty this spring. Walleye eh? Any good spots or baits?

Large mouth bass by the Small Boat Harbor lighthouse and near the windmills off Route 5. Buddy was there last week and pulled in ~15-20 in a day, largest being 6 1/2 lbs.
Use either a spinner or plastic worms like a powerbait…then reach for beer.

Fisting 2010

So, you’re saying that you can fish around here AND eat them? Seems wrong somehow.

It’s not recommended…

they say no more than 2 fish consumed a week…i dont know who “they” are but hey…lol

Well I’d be lucky to catch 2 fish a week anyway, so that works!

Pretty sure they were smallmouth. There isn’t much of a largemouth population in the lake.

But yeah, this time of year the smallmouth bass fishing is great. Tube baits, jigging spools, crank baits… just experiment a little until you find what they’re after. Generally anything that looks like a small silver minnow since that’s what they feed on year round. Later in the season crayfish imitations work well.

lol…Lake Erie and the river for me is only catch/release.
I have eaten fish from private ponds and some finger lakes, but you’re better buying it fresh.

This. Also, if your looking for eyes, trolling near wendt beach/smokes creek will do good. In the river, next to Beaver Island beach is solid, along with blue water marina and… ok enough tips. Go out and just have fun!

Im always looking for new bass ponds/spots

Went with a buddy a few weeks ago on grand island, waded into the water and casted jigs out. Between the two we caught 6 solid smallmouth in the first 30 minutes.

Heres one of the bigger ones:

Theres also an old spot of mine, called “Witmer Shores” in wheatfield. Its more developed now but there used to be some solid 18-20 inch largemouth in there. I caught a pike there too.

I recently heard the first bridge at the bike path has good bass too, near north forest.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Any more specifics? where to walk to? etc.[COLOR=“Silver”]

that is what i read it as hahaha

going out to strawberry island right now

is bass in season yet so the DEC wont slap your vag for catching them? I used to catch alot of large mouth bass at the botanical gardens pond off south park. But seams like as soon as it gets hot/warm out they get harder and harder to catch. I wouldnt mind getting away from car shit for a while and fishing again.

i need to start catching some feeesh here… and posting pics… :slight_smile: its been a while since i’ve been out.

(i failed to beat sgw in this thread :()

wtf when ever i go i usually get nothing in lake eire

fishing this year has been better than ever…i fish 2-5 times per week i havent been out and caught less than 20 fish…

i went to big six mile marina right off the river and caught 75 bass…
last tuesday went to wilson harbor and caught 12 pike…25 smallies…and 30 largemouth with two people fishing on my boat…
the bass spawned late and seem to be bedding longer than ever…you want to be somewhere where the water is very shallow for bedding say 1-2 feet but also connected to as deep as 6-7…

the best type of bait this year has been a sincoooooooooo…go to dicks…find the gary yamamoto baits and buy sincooooo’s the best are the green freckle and the purple blast or some shit…

cast them out…let them sink…lift up and you will have a fish…

a three year old could catch fish with a sincooooooo…you just have to know how to rig it and finding fish will be very easy…