Fishing 2010

95z when u wanna go fishing?

i was just hammering them off strawberry island yesterday. the bass liked the red/black fakew worms more than the real crawlers and cray fish.

Im game for when ever where ever. I wanna catch some nice pike, best ive gotten was like a 20"

for a novice you can’t miss with live bait. It is not as convenient as a jig or spinner or lure but when has anything worth doing ever yielded fantastic results with only a convenient effort.

That being said

nightcrawlers
redworms
live minnows (boat)
crayfish

1995z2d8, how are you rigging your senkos?

Talked to my buddy and he’s been hammering Walleye around hoaks in about 9-12ft of water using Rapalas.

Next week is the southtowns Walleye tourney…I need a boat

i plan on putting my roof on the weekend of the 19th. FFFFF

Referring to the windmills and and small boat harbor lighthouse, I’ve always taken my boat and casted into shore…never walked. I’m not sure if you can make it to the lighthouse on foot, I know there are gates for I think “Members Only”.

Im going offshore wednesday, hopefully ill be posting some nice feesh soon :slight_smile:

Today we caught…

• (3) 50+ lb sailfish
  • (4) 30-50 lb Amberjacks
  • (2) 20+ lb Bonita
  • (1) 10 lb Kingfish
  • (1) 4 lb dolphin (mahi mahi)
  • (1) 2 lb remora
  • Hooked an 8-9 ft hammerhead shark, but cut the line (I wasnt keeping that thing) Captain said it was probably 500+ lbs
  • Countless baitfish

I’ll post a pic of one of the sailfish
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs546.snc3/29891_756381074258_15719254_41823074_7962713_n.jpg

It was a fun day :slight_smile:

not fair…your in the ocean.!! nice fish though

Just got my license last week hoping that I could take the boat out on my days off (Tuesday and Wednesday) and today was terrible. I couldn’t find anybody to go with me yesterday and it is too much of a hassle to launch it just for myself.

I hate you… :frowning:

:lol: <3

the boat we took out was a 51 Bertram, and even being on a larger boat, the 4 ft+ seas made it tough to stand up without being tossed around.

The brother and I

2000 (i think) 51 Bertram

Amberjack

Sailfish one, jumping

Sailfish 2

Sailfish 3

one of the sailfish

My bonita… notice the fishing trick :slight_smile: (and retarded face)

Mikes Boni’

Bros Fishing

Bros holding up their trophies
(i need to get some meat on my bones)

One last photo of the honorable mentions.

The end of the day, they hoist the flags, upside down because we released them all. (Billfish)

(I wish i had a picture of the hammerhead, the captain says it was banging the surfaces about 100 yards out and it was 8-9+ feet and probably 500+ lbs… when i hooked it, it just ran out another 200+ Yards of line, I was glad when he got off, I still reeled in for about 2 minutes before I saw the end of the line… I would have fought that thing for probably 3 hours)

One more thing, we trolled for 2 hours with Balihou didnt get a single knockdown… threw on some live bait and caught fish like it was going out of style. (thank goodness for live bait)

Eat those

So I finally got the boat into the water on Monday night. Found some perfect shallow spots near old docks on the edges of the river near the GI south bridge. There were big fish JUMPING right where I was casting. Still not so much as a nibble. I was using whatever fake lures I had. Rubber worms, fake gobies, fake minnows, spinners. Not so much as a nibble. I’m about to resort to dynamite.

I might take a half day tomorrow and give it another go. Hmm, maybe I’ll run to Gander Mountain on lunch and get a couple of the lures mentioned in here.

Chances are the fish you saw jumping were carp/suckers which aren’t going to bite.

So it was one sucker trying to catch another? :rimshot:

^dynamite catches all of the fish mentioned in the thread :)… you’re just going to need an ample supply of it :slight_smile:

that boat is fucking awesome

was it chartered or is it parents/friend/relative’s? I know what you mean about getting tossed around. My father’s 39 sport fisherman is the same way in anything over a few feet worth of swells.

How long does it take to reel in those sailfish?

That particular boat was chartered, its a friend of my fathers. I’ve had quite a few opportunities to go out on some of the bigger sportfishes though down here, just from friends and friends of friends. We personally just sold one of our whalers, the other is broken, the 32’ luhrs is a PITA and twin 454 gas engines arent a treat, and that leaves me with use of the grady white, which is ok, but its my uncles so I feel guilty about it.

The bertram was a beautiful boat… was super clean for being 10 years old and as i’m sure you know still worth a shitload more than I could dream of spending on a boat right now.

Those sailfish took around ~20-30 minutes to real in each id imagine.

I miss my old boston whaler. I had a 13 footer when I was a kid. :frowning:

The Luhrs is a GREAT boat. I am super jealous of them all lol.

This looks like fun. I need to do some deep sea fishing at some point. My dad and his friends SUCK at fishing. They always end up spending a boat load of money (hah) and end up breaking something and/or catching nothing lol.