fan is loud

hey sorrie mods if i broke the rules for changing topics i just didnt want to waste the space and put a new topic but yeah the 240sx that i just bought form collisum its fan is really really loud and sounds like a van ive gotten suggestions from people that the fan clutch is siezed up. can anyone help me fix it? thanks
mikey

just go to www.metraonline.com and it will tell you…

ok thank you

All s14 speakers are 6.5"

tahnkk you s14_2Nv ur going to be my best friend soo u have all the answers to my problem lol

Wierd, I’ve never seen someone completely edit a thread like this.

Anywho, the stock clutch fan is loud. Always has been and always will be.
rip it out and wire in your own e-fan. Easy to do (just did mine recently).
There’s a lot of threads around on different forums that will take you through
step by step how-to.

it is ur clutch fan bearing are gone same thing happened to me last year if its really loud…its like 80 bucks for a new one from uap or w.e form someone on the forum

from what i hear its like a 100 bucks to do it urself electric fan which can give u like a whole 5 hp its ur choice

thanks alot guys now does anyone want to help do it with me because i this is my first 240sx and i love it to death and dont want to mess up anything. and does anyone have the parts to do it? thanks so much guys
mikey

http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60261

do a little reading and you should be able to understand everything you need to do.

You can PM me if you have specific questions, and I’ll do my best to answer them.

thank you so much bro :):slight_smile:

I have like 3 or 4 clutch fans lying around.

PM me if you need one. It is most likely seized.

Sounds like your fan clutch is seized man. I’ve had two go on me. To check try and turn the fan by pushing on the blades. If it won’t budge or turns like its grinding sand, it’s hooped.

You can put in an electric fan for less than 40 dollars. I bought an old Sentra fan for 20 bucks. It only takes a little bit of trimming of the plastic to get it to fit nicely to the 240 rad. It’s got a 10" and a 14" fan, I think. You can wire them both into a constant power source like the fuel pump or just the small one and wire a thermostat in for the large one. Hell, you can even wire in a switch straight from the battery as long as you remember to turn it on/off :lol:

Or just pick some generic fans up from Princess Auto/Autozone or something and wire those in.

B-Wurm :smiley:

thanks for all of the ideas i brought it to mssc today danner said it was normal that it was loud because i have two fans. i still feel comfortable about it tho who wants to check it out for me lol
mikey