Farmer Chat

This, here, that there.

I spent some time on a farm has a kid and enjoy being a redneck.

Family owns over 400 acres.

we own, 40? but farm 200+

but it is not the size of your land, it is how well you can get stuck in the mud :slight_smile:

i lost a boot in some mud once

I will admit that antique tractors have a special place in my heart.

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/aths/wallawalla/2004/1924_john_deer.jpg

i love the hit and miss engines :slight_smile:

Can’t wait for alexander this year.

I spent a decent part of my teens on 40 acres in PA about an hour from philly. Learned to drive a tractor, take care of chickens, horses, etc… It was a lot of fun.

I still need to get my fuel tankfixed up for my hit and miss.
Also I need to get a spot in the barn opened up so I can start re working my H and F-20. Can’t wait to roll around on steel spiked wheels.
I got my 1720 burried at like 1130 at night ( warm night bursh hogging ) I was exploring and it was a creek overflow area. The water only appered to be a few inches deep. I jump off the tractor, to my suprise I was up to my waste in black muck. FML. I had to detratch the hog, find some logs and pry it out of the way. Luckly after about an hour I pushed myself out with the bucket, hooked a chain to the brushhog and headed for the hills. I then went to the bar plastered in mud, They made me mop my way out after I found a cougar there.

Good God. If that’s not a country song in the making I’ll eat my hat.

http://www.wataugademocrat.com/2005/0328web/ryanbanjo2.jpg

that’s where my roots are. 40+ horses, 80 acres, farmed a few hundred more, put up 4k bales of hay annually with pre and post war era equipment. Magnetos, hit and miss, and kicker balers are for pussies.

Here is a topic for you farmers: Monsanto(Evil corporation fucking with our food)… go!

Gotta control the population some how.

On a farmer note, what do you guys recommend for farmers markets in the north towns? I love going and supporting local places to pick up my produce and its so much cheaper at a market than it is at Wegmans. Is the Williamsville one any good? I used to live off Elmwood which had a good one but don’t want to drive that far on a saturday morning now.

Monsanto needs FDA approval of new product - Guy from Monsanto gets FDA appointment - Same guy gives approval - Same guy goes back to work at Monsanto. The FDA is the most corrupt entity going. End of rant.

I’m definitely from Town of Tonawanda.

When does a garden become a field? Im on 200, surrounded by about a thousand. Ugh I hate hay. This years rotation will be good for the sleds as corn was out. Beans and wheat. Drift heaven. Until you have to pick out clover forever.

worked on a dairy farm for all my teenage years… god bless farmers

I think turbociv could work up some mods. 1000 hp farm tractor? Hoe with go!

Im not sure the oil drip lube system would keep up or the exposed crank.