Vegetable stands. Where are they?

You know those things on the side of the road where real people sell vegetables they grew in dirt?

I’m so sick of hydroponically grown salmonella laced tomatoes that don’t taste like anything. Have you noticed that tomatoes don’t taste like tomatoes anymore? Ever seen the difference between a grocery store egg and a legit small farm free range chicken style egg? It’s scary. The former has a yellow yoke that is barely separated from the albumen, while the latter has a strong dark orange yoke. But I digress…

So who has seen some fresh fruit/veggie stands? Northtowns?

Have you considered going to any “markets” where local farmers come to peddle their wares? There are a few decent ones around North Tonawanda, right off the twin city highway. If you are more in the Clarence area, there are a few decent stands off Transit on various roads

southtowns has braymillers. really nice.

fry, you are looking for a farmer’s market. That might help your search.

edit: http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=com.ubuntu:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&q=farmers+market&near=Buffalo,+NY&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1

you are lazy

Yes, I know about farmers markets. These days half the shit at them is shipped in from outside the state if not the country. They’re still worth going to, but they’re not all locally grown stuff like they used to be.

What I am asking about is roadside stands where you can buy fresh stuff where it was grown.

I’ll check em out. My mother-in-law-gone-hippie recommended one on Elmwood & Bidwell. I’m probably going to go there tomorrow morning.

lexington co-op?

place is really good, but expensive.

Vegetables don’t stand, that’s what the wheel chair is for.

Oh, those vegetables…

I’ve never been there. I may give it a shot.

This is a handy link I just found on Buffalo Rising. It’s a list of a few local markets, when they’re open, and a generic table of when different things are in season.

http://www.buffalorising.com/files/pdfs/bro_produce.pdf

the co-op also has a lot of premade food in case you’re interested in a quick lunch or dinner… some packaged to take home, some “salad bar” style that you can eat out front

East Aurora has a farmers market

Lexington Market is a great place for fresh good veggies. As everyone said they are a bit pricey but a great place to shop. Also great if you are vegetarian or vegan.

also graet if your a fggt.

yea, good call, when I used to live in elmwood village we would go there all the time :tup:

all though this was before they moved to their new plush store hah

I think I’m going to cruise up to Lockport at lunch. There’s a farmers market there, and I can take back roads looking for other stuff.

I’ll probably stop at McDonalds on my way. :lol: No, not really. Although that would be the American thing to do. :rofl:

the one at transit/millersport?

place is huge.

Nope, but now I’ll be looking for that one.

I found a thing that said there’s one just off of transit on Walnut street. It’s pretty close to the canal…

What ever you do, don’t take your SUV to the one on Elmwood.

I had to drive by it a couple weeks ago to pack up the b-inlaw’s apartment and all the little elmwood hippies were giving me the evil eye as I drove by in the Expedition.

If you parked your SUV there and tried to buy their organically grown veggies they’d probably turn you into fertilizer and burn your SUV.

i park my range there all the time.

Yeah, but you’re vegetarian so you get a pass. I’m pretty sure they could smell grilled meat on me.