Local Farmers

Anyone have a local farm that they use for fresh veggies and possibly meat? I know in Rochester there was a few that did bags of stuff you pick up each week with things in season. It was a good way to support local growers. I know there is a lot of markets but just seeing if anyone knew of one locally that did it themselves in Buffalo.

I grow my own FTW. I split a 1/4 cow once or twice a year with my brother. Grass fed beef is where it’s at. Also, if someone refers you to the new Orchard Fresh store claiming that they have the “freshest” fruit/veggies around, just know that they get their stuff from the same vendor as Tops.

Ya that is what I am lookin to do. Don’t have time or space to grow anything and looking to get the fresh farm stuff from a local place. I will probably looking to do the beef thing too

You can do what you were talking about (it’s called a CSA) from the Lexington Co-Op, Farmers and Artisans on Main St. in Williamsville or some direct at the Bidwell Market.

My mom does this… Some of the meats she gets now are just unreal.

She goes through a small private one a bunch of her coworkers belong to but per an old Buffalo Rising article, these places dont look half bad.

Porter Farms has been family owned and operated since beginning their CSA in 1996. They’ve been growing Organically for 17 years. The farm is looking for another 100+ members. They have drop-off sites in Buffalo, Rochester and Grand Island. Their produce can also be found at The Lexington Co-op and at St. Joseph’s University Parish at UB.

Porter Farms
5020 Edgerton Road, Elba, NY 14058
http://porterfarms.org/

Native Offerings was the first CSA in Erie County and is a certified Naturally Grown farm. Run by Stew and Deb Ritchie along with their 3 young children, they offer mostly vegetables but work with other local organizations and farms to provide their members with fruit, seeds, hay, honey, butter, grain, potting mix, eggs, meat, and maple syrup. They have drop off points in Buffalo, Orchard Park, Amherst, and Williamsville.

Native Offerings
8501 Maples Road at Scotts Corner Road, Little Valley, NY 14755
http://nativeofferings.com/

during the summer there is a farmers market in the village of hamburg behind key bank, i believe it is on sat mornings only but i could be wrong. they have a pretty good selection and decent prices.

Farmers and Artisans 4557 Main St Buffalo, NY 14226

Just was reading their site. It looks like what I am looking for. Thank you.