Fbody guys, pwr window help needed

anyone here ever change a window motor?
My drivers side is dead and I was told it was the motor by the previous owner, the switch is fried as well and I am going to be buying one on eBay

Once I get the switch if there is still no life I am going to pick up a new motor

Anyone have any experience who wants to make a few bucks?

I have the car indoors out of the elements but do not have any heat inside…

I have the door panel and all that BS off the car and I will put all that back myself…

I would like to get this done in the next 2 weeks or so

Any takers?

my buddy wants to know what kinda bucks we talkin :D… hes the guy that came out with me to look at your old red car, hes a tech at K&S auto up on river road… pm me

my cousin changed mine at his work in about 15 mins re rivited everything , looks factory so if for some odd chance you wait till spring hed do it lol

year make model? i work at kustom workz and do this kind of shit all the time lemme know

98 Firebird, supposedly all 4th gens are the same

This is an easy enough job to just do yourself. There are guides on all the major F-body sites. I did the one in my Camaro in 20 mintues.

yeah I know but I am nervous about window motors, I did one in my 71 torino cobra once and the regulator let loose and almost took half my hand off…
hurt like a bitch
so yeah I dont like sticking my hands inside doors anymore

its really easy in there, drill out the rivets, pop the new one in. Just be sure if you do it or anybody else to make sure they put in a bolt or a rivet that actually fills the hole tight, or else after time and many ‘ups and downs’ they will start to flex and rip apart the fiberglass…

Im sure its a fairly easy job BUT Tim has made it clear that he does not want to mess with it.He’s looking for someone to give him a hand.Sounds like Tim has already got the BS work done,so atleast thats out of the way.

I’d help if i were any good with things like that.

Not to mention my drill has gone missing, I am sure it will turn up but not in the time frame I want it to…