Feed back on winter driven GTR's

Does anyone drive a GTR in the winter? If so what do you think?

Thanks!

A.J.

Is that a serious question? It drives like a normal RWD based car.

Yes it’s serious question. They are AWD, and set up for grip. Not Like an STI, EVO or GT4.

I just had my GT4 written off because some dumbass forgot to brake. I am wondering if anyone has FIRST hand knowledge of how good they are as a winter driven vehicle.

Gtr’s are AWD? Really I didnt know that at all. LOL. In all seriousness Yes they are AWD in Theory but they are mainly RWD, Yes RWD, Till you punch the GAS. And yes I do have “FIRST hand knowledge of how good they are as a winter driven vehicles”, Considering I was driving them before you even had a licence. Thats Why I was telling you, They feel like any RWD car.

Ali, will this be your next rant?

Just a simple question, looking for feedback of persoal experiences. IS IT GOOD IN SNOW? Drives like a normal RWD is hardly a compitent answer. I do understand the type of drivetrain the skyline has. However I never been behind the wheel of one. Not looking for a lesson.

I want something that will be a GOOD winter car as well as fun when the weather is nice. Living north of barrie I get a lot of snow.

How would you compare a GTR (not a GTS) to a WRX(your winter beater) for getting through snow?

Not that it really matters how old I or you are, but somehow I don’t think your older then I am.

Driving a GTR in Salt strewn streets is criminal.

Yeah, I hear ya. That is true. They use mostly sand here. But don’t worry, I would not be doing it with the cleanest of R33’s. Just playing with an idea, I may end up with something else. Just thinking of getting rid of another car and ending up with one.

Drove a R32 GTR for 2 heavy winters a couple years back and I loved it, totally recommended. The AWD ATTESA system works so fast that if you have good winter tires on you will not even feel the rear slip. It will drive just as good as any AWD car and if you kick out the rear you can hold a drift for an incredibly long time with great control.

WRX(sti swapped BTW) vs a GTR? Well lets put it this way, Good winter tires on either car will give you the best time of your life. Driving the WRX with summers I feel I can still go straight and turn at lower speeds with winters shes a beast. But for some reason, even with a dccd controller making the car more rwd, you can still feel the AWD in the subies.

A GTR with Winters feels awesome and I guess you could get a more “RWD” feel to it. Without snows…good luck.

Thanks guys for the info! That’s the stuff I wanted to hear.