fender flares

just wondering if anyone has a set of fender flares that isn’t installed on their car that i could borrow to measure up on my car to see if they will fit. also curious what is the widest tire people are fitting under the rear with flares.

how big a flare

a 50mm could probably fit a 295

What car is this Aaron, the CRX? If you have a customer car your working on, I know you can fit a 265 under an S14 with only a roll… S13 will be a little less.

^Breaker77, over fenders come in 50mm but I think flares typically come a bit wider, no?
-over

They come in 50mm. Most applications.

nope, flares are almost always 50mm.

you can get wider, but iirc 50 is usually what they are.

I see, thanks for the clarification.

i’ve seen 30mm somewhere online. yes, theo, these are for the crx. i think i’m going to have to get as wide a tire as i can on the back.

Didn’t I tell you that :wink: Oh, and you should have lots of room on the inside due to your horizontal shock set-up… with the flares, you’ll be able to fit something really wide under there.

actually, the pushrod from the suspension isn’t the problem, it is the inside wall of the fender. i figure the widest i’d be able to get in there now is a 245 (with a proper offset wheel) and that would be really really tight. i want to fit a 275/40/17, so flares it is, but no one makes them for a crx so i’m going to just fit something off a nissan or bmw or subie or something… it is just a matter of figuring out what fits best and doesn’t look like ass. i don’t want to do any serious body work, so i’d prefer a set of bolt ons.