feyd182's Turbo Spec build...UPDATED w/pics pg 1 & 2

UPDATE

Well the time has finally come, I’m boosting my Spec. Just got my stuff on Thursday and got most of it put together tonight. I’ll post some pics tomorrow cause right now I’m freakin tired, lol.:ack2:

Got some work done on it, here’s what I have so far…
My Turbo:

N/A Setup:

Front Mount:

Old Header:

Awaiting Manifold:

Turbo Test Fit:

AWESOME TOWN!!!

I WANT pictuers … and info about what setup your using and all that… right meow… thanks

Why even try> You will never be as fast as me. It’s a waste of time James :slight_smile:

Is that a challenge? lol. Hopefully it won’t take a month to install:001_tongue:. Just kidding. I’m curious to see who’s setup is quicker.

Well, nothing fancy yet. Just a basic kit to get started with. I want to eventually upgrade the internals on my turbo, and upgrade my BOV and wastegate. I’m gonna drop in some 446cc injectors, got a front mount out of an S13, oil pan is tapped and ready to go with fittings. Cast manifold with T3/T4 flange and wastegate flange as well. Vacuum manifold is made and installed. AFC NEO controlling my AFR’s. All I really need now is a boost gauge to see what my turbo is doing.

Working on pics, will be up later tonight…:thumbup1:

I have a boost gauge if you need one

YES!!! I’ll give ya a call.

I think I got 2 lol. Ones AutoMeter and the other is ProSport

Nice set up! … oh by the way … seen some Zig Zags on your bench there :smiley:

Hmmmm I’m calling the PO PO’s :46:

Yea, I’m trying to give up smoking, a buddy of mine did it by rolling his own smokes. After a week of having to make his own he got tired of it and gave up on smoking, so I’m giving it a try. Or if this build gets to me, I’m ready, lol.:001_tt2:

Here’s some more…

Upper oil pan with fitting for return:

Butterflies in:

Butterflies removed:

Intake back on and looking good:

Hoping to get the oil line and pan installed tonight, and fab up my downpipe, and connect the IC piping tomorrow. I hope to be able to start it tomorrow.

Wow, this is installing faster and better than Ryan’s did. Less than 1 week complete install?! Ryan, you taking notes? LOL

Lol. Nice work James. I can’t wait to see how my NA holds up against the the Turbo :slight_smile:

Yea, I can’t wait to see all the problems…LOL. Well everything has gone together really well so far… The downpipe is gonna be a little tricky, but after that it should be smooth sailing… I hope. Well, gotta go finish, I’ll post some more pics tonight.:auto:

Well, getting close to turning the key. Got my oil lines connected, oil pan reinstalled and just finishing the boost tube to the front mount. All that’s left is to fab my downpipe and put it all back together. I should be able to start it later today (it’s 1:47 am, lol) and see how it runs. I’m gonna save the last set of pics till it’s all done, just to keep you guys in suspense…:blink:

Build is complete!!!

Just have the cosmetics and fine tuning left, but she runs and idles fine!

James I’m not sure if I see this right but your Valve Cover breather cannot go back into the intake like that. You will pressurize your valve cover under boost. If you don’t put a filter on it put the hose back on the turbo intake pipe.

EDIT: just talked to you lol. Everything looks good. Cruise This Friday?

I’m in if my injectors get here, can’t hit it hard with my stockers. :driving:

Just went for a test run, and WOW!!! I LOVE MY CAR AGAIN!!! :thumbup1:

Even at only a few psi, it is a drastic improvement. I’ll have to relearn how to drive my car now, shifting comes way quicker now as it only takes like half the time to reach the top of a gear. Car is all back together, I will clean her up and post pics of the finished product tomorrow.