Fiberglass Q

How hard would this be to fix on my own?

Is it just easy enough to wrap around the break and sand smooth?

i can get this for a very good price like this, but it not worth it if its super hard to fix.

what’s a very good price?

lol, i tried and failed the fiberglass thing on my bmw. im on my 3rd lip.:picard: and my current lip is cracked again. but its a clean crack so im gunna tape it from the backside or something.

good price is ~$50 (new its $750)

I was gonna say, for $50, f-it and see what you can do. I’d get the front aligned up with tape and clamps, and glass the fuck outta the back with mat and cloth; then fill in the front parts with resin, including all the worn-down parts. Then sand like crazy and see what you get. Even if it doesn’t work out, you’ve got a bunch of glass experience outta it, and for $50 it’s well worth it.

true

:tup:

Fiberglass repair is easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

No offense but I dont know anyone dumb enough to pay $750 for that piece of scrap NEW.

Im assuming its a SIQ Bmw piece and that why.

Anyway the prep (time) and paint will cost $100.
Fiberglass lips are a huge mistake in Buffalo. The environment and surfaces are not kind. You bump it once ans its right back where you started minus $$$ that you spent to fix and paint it.

To fix you cant just wrap around the break. That split will cause the wrap to break. You need to pour epoxy (I would use 3M Panel Bond) over the crack and put clamps on it to hold it together.

After it dries you grind down the area maybe 1/8" .
Then you can wrap it with cloth and resin.
The rough up surface and Bondo the shit out of it.
That is a LOT of work for a part that I will bet $500 you will crack again within a year.

Find a ABS or Urethane copy. (ebay maybe)