windshield repair

Ive got a really tiny stone chip at the bottom of a windshield, with like 1/2 total crack max with the chip right in the middle of that.

Cost to repair? worth it? Trusted shops who will come to my house and do it?

Just so happens a satelite truck was at my neighbors house fixing a couple chips. So I walked over to price out getting one of my own chips fixed. $107 for cash customers. Fuck that

I dont necessarily ‘believe’ in fixing windshields, maybe for a chip, but not for a crack. I just have a feeling the crack will come back. and you know damn well they wont warranty it. I would rather deal with it until it gets too big then spend the extra money to get a new one. I have the number of the diamond auto glass guy in batavia, he told me $80 to r&i a windshield.

but on a warm day i can have a windshield out in 5 mins with some piano wire, and a 2 tubes of window weld are prob $30 to put it back in. I will call him up to remove the back glass out of the s10 when it comes time. the sawzalls they have are amazing. but they cost about $400.

Yeah i heard 100$ too, screw that, its not a bad crack, but i think id fucking go ape shit if while the truck was parked in the unheated garage this winter, the windshield cracked across.

The cold isn’t really the problem. The roof and windshield are actually structural parts of the car, bumps and shit are what you have to worry about. If the crack is on the drivers side I’d spend the money and get it fixed, if they can fix it at all. If it ends up cracking up into your field of view, I doubt a shop will fix it since it distorts your view, they’ll just tell you to get new glass.

You can buy a windshield fix kit at walmart for 10 dollars.

I have fixed stone chips in cars before. If you do it right, you will fill the chip with resin, and it will just look like a little blob of tree sap on the window.