Crack in windshield repair

At one time I was told that there is a place that will fix a crack in your windshield and not need to put in a whole new windshield. It was something that they cut out the crack and filled it.

This morning I got hit by a rock and got a large spiderweb type crack about the size of a half dollar. The crack is in the most perfect place right in front of my face.

Looking for a local shop that could help me out?

No I dont have glass but if I need to it looks like I will be adding it

BREETIME ??? where you at

They can fix a chip but I’ve never heard of fixing a crack. If you don’t have glass coverage (which costs almost nothing BTW) you can’t just add it now that the windshield is broken. They’re going to require a photo inspection to add coverage and the first thing they look at is the glass.

Ah shit my house burnt down I better get home owners insurance.:mamoru:

OT: if the crack is small enough it can be filled. From the sounds of it you may need a new windshield…

kind looks like this

http://home.comcast.net/~the-puzzle-palace/CE350W.gif

Not looking too good. Usually a small chip (size of a pea) is repairable. If you have larger spider’ing such as that, it will only get worse as the days go on.

Oh and I have never heard of anyone “cutting out” a crack… :shrug:

yeaaaa…I thought there was this big mamma jamma thing that a piece went on the inside and a thing on the outside that would make a vacuum , they would then cut the crack out and then would fill it … i know i have seen it

safelite

GOT A QUOTE FOR $119.95

Full glass coverage on two vehicles is costing me $3.40 every 6 months. Think maybe you should add full glass coverage once you have this fixed? :mamoru:

we have full glass on the van but never put it on my car …:gotme: im going to call and see if they need to “look” at the car to add the glass

dumb

Can you get glass without having collision?

Because I am pretty sure OP doesn’t have collision.

Can you get glass without having collision?

Because I am pretty sure OP doesn’t have collision.

true story I do not have collision on that car. but IIRC it was like 15ish more a month to put it on …meh

I think I told the guy its a fucking 93 civic with over 150k miles why would I need full cov

Yeah, $119 to fix a crack, I bet it is around $200 to install a new windshield.

I would choose the new windshield route. When you call them up, make sure you call other glass companies. Safelite will work with you on price if you bargain them down.

I had them put a windshield in my saturn. The glass that they put in is OK, not like OEM glass however.

If it were just a chip, you can buy a kit at walmart called “fix a windshield” for about 10 bucks. If you read the instructions, you can fix a chip yourself and it looks about 99 percent perfect.

I just had my windshield replaced last week after I had a large crack spread from a rock chip. Absolute Auto Glass did it for $150, they come to you. The guy’s name is Ed, (716) 812-8110.

I’ve got a star on mine, but it’s only about 1/2 inch. Stupid rt. 5 construction. It hasn’t gone anywhere in months, and it’s near the bottom of the windshield in the spot the wipers miss. I was looking for a fix too, as it’s a beater with no glass coverage.

Insurance fraud is bad, mmmk?

They are usually fine until winter where I watched a pea size chip turn into a crack that went the entire width of my windshield, then curved up towards the top while driving down the road.

My chip was from the construction on the 219 … does anyone know if they would do anything