Fiberglass speaker box

Well since my speaker box in my car was friggin huge I wanted something a bit smaller in the hatch. So I sold my box to EcoThunder and that gave me the motivation to make this one. I will get some better pics when i feel like it. I am still doing the false floor/amp rack/box bracing. It sounds just as loud as 2 of them wired as 1x 4ohm VC each. I have this one bridged to 2 ohm and it sounds alot cleaner to me. Maybe because the box is sealed better? In any case I like it. It could fit a little snugger in some places but what the hell… it was my first try. Also on the clear coat I got anxious and flipped it over while it was still tacky and left a mark on it. I’ll just have to fix that when I do the floor.

awesome…you might be able to make so money on the side dooing that stuff

Looks nice, did you get the right airspace for that sub or did you use some poly-fill??

I think I might have to stuff it. I haven’t measured the airspace yet. I have read that it can be measured with water but haven’t got around to do that yet. I have to upgrade the wiring for my amp, it cuts out occasionally since I bridged it.

I did think about making some money with this skill. I even made one for the other side similar to that one to sell. But it takes so damn long it would hardly be worth it until I got better at it.

i wanted something like that for my beater that could take up the hole on the side…so i would still have my trunk

yeah, this thing only takes up about 1/8 of what my old speaker box did. Even if I would use the other one for the other side to h ave both subs in it again, I would still have plenty of room left. Plus it looks neat than a square box.

i have to agree

Well if you can figure out the airspace using the standard formula of (LxWxH)/1728 then see what you have. If you have roughly half of what your supposed to for that sub you can always just mount the other on there Isobarically and then you’ll be fine. As far as the Amp goes, from the pic it looks to be a lower model MTX. If that is the case are you sure that it is capable of handling a 2ohm load? It might only be stable at a 4ohm bridge. It might be getting to warm back there or over-driven.

EDIT: Figure this might help out a bit, lots of good info on the links on this page…

Car Stereo Info

i have 2 jl 12’'s running isobaric in a 14x12x12 box… i could of cut off a couple inches even… i was going to space as well… i’ll take a pict

yeah, I will just disconnect one of the voice coils. I don’t want to drill a hole in the box.

1ohm > *

:rolleyes:

.25 ohm > 1ohm

:blue:

Easy way to get around the hole in the box is to tap some holes and drop in the screwposts, the ones that a banana plug will go into, that way you can seal up the connection and if you need to take out your enclosure all you have to do is disconnect the banana plug and yank it out.