Sub Box

Ok, In woodshop this year we are able to do a project on whatever we want. I am going to attempt to build a sub box for 3 12"s. Any creative ideas from anyone who has built one before?

yeah, make 3 round holes in it, and remember LxWxH=sq. in. divid by 1728 to = Cu.Ft. :slight_smile:

^^^ holy crap…

Unless its not a square! For triangles use [(LxWxH)/1728]/2

Haha. Thanks for the geometry lesson :bigthumb: I think I might just go with 2 12"s instead because if I go into 3 Im gonna be lookin at a bigger amp plus another sub which is money I dont have.

angle the bottom of the speaker side inward and add a mirror to the bottom. it will look like a 4 12’s. i did it with a 3/10’s box many years ago.

Thought about it. Still thinkin. Dont have to have plans drawn up til monday. The teacher is hookin me up so I dont have to buy any wood so Im tryin to keep it low budget

once you build the box, and mount the woofers, add an additional piece of 1/2" with a cut out of the entire subwoofer size and router the edges a bit. it’ll make the subs look flush mounted. a million ways to go with a box, but just build it well

I cant find chrome port holes anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get some? I really only want 2 small ones or one big one.

lol try to order them off jensen or dual. If you arent real good at building boxes you might just want to make it sealed…If the port isnt set up right then your subs are just going to sound like they are blowing air and you wont get much bass.