FS: JL Audio 8w7 in a vented box

UPDATE 11/11/08:
The amp is gone, I’m looking to get $250 for the sub and the box. I will consider reasonable offers. Thanks.

Yes, this is the same stuff that Nick (AMD IS THE BEST) was selling about a month ago. I just don’t feel like spending a grand more on finishing out the system, I’m just trying to pay off my car as fast as I can.

So, I’m selling what’s in the description, the box is in nearly perfect shape, I vacuumed it after I picked it up last month, and the amp only has some surface scratches, nothing major.

I’m looking to get $300 for the sub in the box and $100 for the amp, or $350 for the two of them together. If anyone’s serious about buying these you’ll know those are fair prices so I’ll be very firm about them. I paid exactly $350 for the two of them off of Nick so I’m just looking to stay even when I sell these.

The box is an amazing box, Nick hooked the sub up for me real quick when I picked it up and it’s amazing how hard the “heavy eight” hits. I’m not 100% positive on the name of the box, I believe it’s something along the lines of “6th order dual vented bypass”, I’m sure some of you car audio junkies know what I’m talking about.

Okay, so there they are, and here’s a link to the original for sale thread http://shift518.gom-host.com/index.php?topic=3831.0

Let me know if you have any questions.

EDIT: The Infinity is a 111 x 4 channel amp and here is a pic that I took of the amp on top of the box:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/kramerbuccs24/fdsa/0908081705a.jpg

ill give you 3 for the whole thing

PM’d.

Hey is this still for sale?

Mind giving me dimensions? Thanks.

It is still for sale. I’ll go measure it now.

Thanks. Lemme know. I think my current powered sub/amp + RCA’s are having issues so I want some of higher quality.

Speaking of which, my current setup is my first sub/amp ever so I’m not really familiar with a box setup.

Will all of my existing wires be good to go with this setup or do I need to do more wiring? I have a remote wire, power wire, ground wire, and 1 RCA (2 jacks) run to the trunk right now.

Th box is 32.5" wide, 14.5" deep and 12.5" tall. It fit in between the strut towers in my trunk with about 1.5-2" to spare per side.

About the wiring, I’m a complete n00b, all I know is that the amp has a short power wire connected to it that you can see in the pic and the the sub only has one connection, it’s the kind with 1 black and 1 red clamp thing that you shove wires with the ends shaved in to…

I hope you know what I’m talking about…:lol

Okay thanks. I don’t have access to a tape measure right now but I’ll see how it fits.

I have a rear strut bar so I might not have as much room as you.

We’ll see though.

Well I can wire the sub…I’m just wondering how the sub gets power/sound. I’m guessing I’d need to splice into my rear speakers to give the sub the sound input it needs.

Let me measure first and I’ll let you know if I want it. Thanks.

Ok, cool.

Bump for you Kramer because Oppie’s rules suck!

They were there to keep these threads clean and to the point. Its a for sale section, not a discussion. LOL.
Thanks for your input, though. ;D
I think by posting this I’m actually breaking my own rules! :ohnoes

So I got measurements…that thing is huge. Why is the box so big for a 8" lol?

The only thing I can tell you right now is that I’d like to stop by and test/test fit.

My AVIC-Z2 right now seems to be having issues with my current powered sub.

Not sure if it’s the sub-preouts (which would not be used with a setup like), RCA cables, or sub itself. I’d like to test it to see if it’s fully functional in my application before committing to buy. I’d also like to see how much room I’d have.

Let me know if you’d be willing to let me test it out for 10 minutes.

Yeah, absolutely, I’ll PM you my info. I’ve got a 5 day weekend starting Thursday and am only working a little bit so let me know.

you still have this amp? I will pick it up from you this weekend if you do.

Good stuff ive personally experienced its music grace my ears.

bumpppppppppppppp

isnt the sub alittle under powered? with that amp?

Yes and no. The sub can certainly handle more power, but for everyday purposes, it’s plenty.

ok well i enjoy going deaf so it needs a new amp?