Filter question.. a little odd

I was going to avoid mesh so It has less restriction, although it wouldn’t be much at all… but I wanted the best flow possible… thus the reason why I asked if dye would lower the flow properties.

As far as water, the hood will only weigh 5-15lbs, so I plan on using it ONLY for racing.
It won’t be hard to swap hoods once a week.

Until I can come up with a cover, that will cover the filter, and allow air in, it’ll only be used on the track.

When the hood is done, I’m going to just leave it primer black. If I decide to leave the hood on all summer, and have a decent cover idea that won’t let ANY water in, then I’ll have it painted, and will use it only for the summer (The car is a year round daily driver)

I just need to get my hands on a stock hood to make the mold from and experiment with.

Marks Auto, Gregs, and 2060 have nothing. (Although 2060 can order me a new one for like $100 or so.)

By indentation, you mean where the filter sits, correct?

If so, I’ve considered this idea, and thought about a small lip up front, but I want to be 110% sure, that no water can get in, so this will take a lot of planning and thinking, since I’m not a super genius as far as cars and design goes.