Filter question.. a little odd

I’m a ricer at heart…

http://www.99smiles.com/emb.gif

I’m glad this thread came back

Budget reasons.

I’m trying to learn new things, and get the little power I can from easier and cheaper mods, like a ported TB, new intake manny, different air intake setups etc…

I’ll never claim to know everything… that’s why I ask you guys because most of you know alot more than I do. Which helps me learn more as I go.

I do plan on a 50/75 shot later on, but I have some really big problems right now, which prevent me from spending that kind of money. I had actually planned on juice this spring with tax money, but my car decided to take a shit, and need brakes, 4 new tires, struts, strut mounts, and 2 new wheel bearings.

I know not every idea I have will be good… which again, is why I post and ask those with more experience.

I’d rather look foolish asking a question about something I’m not too familiar with, than go out and do it, and look like a bigger ass when I break something because of it.

And speaking of which… venturi tube intakes, good or bad?

EDIT: And as far as making vs. buying… I enjoy working with my hands and building shit, I also feel it’s a little more rewarding when I do something myself. :tup:

making stuff is cool, but a pile of crap is nothing to be proud of.

anyone can drop a deuce.

$200 for what??

The kits I was looking at were new, and wet shot systems running 35/50/75/100 shots.

I’d rather not run a dry kit man, which most dry kits I see, are a lot cheaper.

EDIT: And if I made it, I’d practice, take my time etc… to get it how I wanted…
But that idea has gone into the garbage for now… or at least until I can improve the design.

dropping a deuce = taking a shit

Ahhhh… I see… I thought he meant spending $200 for juice… wtf.

1. A dry kit would be plenty fine, esp. for a 50/75 shot.

2. If your car is falling apart, maybe you should save some money and buy a car that isn’t going to fall apart and suck up money with craptastic home made mods.

Just my $.005

:banghead:

A dry 50 shot, is there any chance of detonation?

And the car isn’t falling apart anymore lol… it was all mostly front end work. All I need is tierods, or rack bushings… and it’s done. Thank god.

And I’d get a new car… I’d love an easier platform to work on, and modify, however I’m a little buried in this car right now, so I’ve gotta work with what I have.

I had thought about just saving cash to buy something new… but I can’t help it… I have to modify it. I know I’ll never run sick fast #'s with the car, but I can run respectable times, for a Cavalier. Which is my goal.

I’ve seen these cars running mid 12’s with the stock 2.3/2.4

And there’s always the possibility of a 3800 swap later on :slight_smile:
That would make one hell of a project. Especially keeping it emissions legal. I’d just dump the whole GTP engine/tranny/computer into the car, and basically just use a Cavalier shell.

:tup: for the sleeper.

You obviously need to do a lot of learning about nitrous.

Come back when you hit 12’s and tell us how much you’ve spent.

Why do you think I ask questions?

To learn, and where better to ask,than a forum where people have already done it?

As hard as it is to believe, I wasn’t born knowing everything, nor did I ever create a post asking how to die my skirt blue.

Well I’m sure you figured out how to dye your skirt to match your panties.

But I’m sure not everyone was born knowing everything.

I know of 3 ways you can learn.

Trial and error, which can get expensive
Going to auto school
Asking people that already know

i was born knowing how to boost hondas.

seriously. i did my first write up at 3 weeks old.

Correction:

Asking people that already know. Just not on this forum.

^
yea, what she said.

actually i do agree.

reason? because none of us drive shitty cavys, nor haev we tried to make the pos’s fast. find a cavy specific forum, and i bet you will find all sorts of people that will say
“yo, that blue filter idea is hot”
“nos, yo… you need 2 of em. the big ones”

and if you read your sig, and go back and do a search on yours, and your bf’s post… you would realize you are the pot, and you’re calling the kettle black.

edit: and i thought you were done with this forum?
did you lie? are you a big fibber?

just do a grand am 3.4l swap and be done

No, it’s called doing a little fucking legwork yourself and not being a completely worthless lazy sack of shit. No one wants to help anyone that just sits there and wants to be spoon fed. You are missing some rather large ways to learn that I’m sure most of the people here used.

yeah, you cant spell ‘cavalier’ without ‘garbage’

i rarely ask questions about tech stuff… but i think i know a decent amount… i dont even hang out with to many car people. but i do have one aparent advantage over you. it is located squarely between my ears. i call it a brain. you call yours a vacuum. i open my eyes and my ears long before i open my mouth. i havent even been into cars for more than a few short years. but i would have know that putting an air filter on my hood was a bad idea from day 1. a baby would know that.

seriously. i have a mental picture of a little kid flipping you off from a stroller. it is fucking amazing.