Filter question.. a little odd

holy crap dude… when you piss newman off to the point he insults you, you must really be a fucktard lololol

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I was under the impression that you can only get a certain amount of hp from one mod, therefore just adding an air intake would be the same as making little scoops or wannabe ram air vents in your hood and having the air flow directly to the filter. Atleast that’s how it was explained to me. All you’re really doing is trying to force more air into the intake system, which can only take so much air in. Like for my Grand Am…I had the factory ram air setup on my car, which I then removed to add my CAI. I guess there was a little bit of difference in performance, but for the most part it just made my car super loud at crusing speeds. Therefore, there was almost no point in me buying the air intake since my car was already setup for ram air. My suggestion would just be to get a CAI or whatever they make for the 2.4’s, and move on to other mods, rather than trying to force more performance out of one little mod.

Normally I wouldn’t post, but the complete stupidity of this idea is just way too good to pass up.

I’m actually kind of dissapointed that no one has pointed this out yet.

YOU WANT TO MOUNT A FLITER, FLUSH WITH THE HOOD, THAT IS ANGLED UPWARD TO GIVE BETTER AERODYNAMICS.

THIS IS GOING TO CREATE A VACUUM AND EITHER A) SUCK THE AIR OUT OF THE INTAKE PIPE OR B) DRASTICALLY REDUCE AIR INTAKE OR CREATE A DEAD AIR ZONE WHERE THE MOTOR IS GETTING NO AIR

Think about an EVO hood, or people who run angled intercoolers w/ hood scoops for vac…

Have fun after 30-40 mph…

nice sig you turd.

OMG joetypeS is here now we can all sex.

thank you for saying that, and im not saying i know more about things than anyone or the other, but dude you make like 3 new threads a day asking stupid questions. dont you have a national cavalier forum thats probably big and has a nice little section called the technical’s. I mean its cool that i guess you want to mod your car and do alot of DIY things, but go to the tech forums and just sit down for a few hours and READ. Itll make everything easier and will be more satisfying knowing that you found out by doing research that if you mix 87 and 93 octane you get a mix of 90 :baby:.

Actually, you are not going to create magic vacuum pod above the filter that is going to overhwelm the intake.

Please take your internet degree in aerodynamics and go back to the BEST place I’ve ever been to for wannabe internet engineers.

And no, I’m not going to recount the explination of why. Once you have a degree and background in aeronautics and have taken enough fluids courses, I would be more than happy to sit down and talk with you. Please leave your half assed theories at the door for the time being.

while your post is awesome, i have a few fluids classes under my belt. Depending upon location of the opening, a low pressure region could develop due to fluid entrainment, but the degree to which it occurred would depend upon boundary layer formation and other factors. The result would be akin to a bernouli jet pump, also called an eductor. it is similar to what occurs if you blow across the opening of a straw while the other end is submerged in liquid. the fluid will rise to the point where you actually start to spray the person sitting across from you.

BUT, you have a much more complicated scenario in this case…

^^^^^ He is Smart…

I did not say it was impossible to develop a vacuum somewhere under certain circumstances.

I said that in THIS scenario, that joe was talking about (out his ass), this would not be the case. Also, do not forget that you have a vacuum in the intake tube already.

More important is that you will not create a vacuum at Cavileer speeds that will exceed that which is generated by the engine.

It would be much easier to do, were the opening of the filter opposed to the direction of the flow over the hood, such as in a cowl style hood. Yet with the filter in this placement, with this orientation on the hood, this would not be the problem.

Do not let this detract from the sheer stupidity of this idea for a moment though…

Remember that your scenario is a fair over simplification, tilt the straw slight towards you and you will notice that the effect no longer works.

I :heart: newman

all that needs to be said…

at least you don’t have to worry about repercussion from all this dissing. lol.

all this bashing of teambrandonandcollie and i am gonna find the windows in my STi missing… but some perculiar little hoofprints will lead me me right to the culprit. a hideous creature - half man, half beast - known only as… ‘branollie’

OMG, i am going to hell.

Joetypebutthurt your sig is fagtastic

bump. too bad the “cad” drawings are gone.

this thread is amazing

I wonder if he fucked up his MAF with dye…