Finally Bought a Helmet

HJC AC-12 Carbon

http://www.streetbikerider.com/i-products/hjc-helmets-ac12-carbon.jpg

339 shipped

i figure with NYIRP wanting me to have a helmet, and autox, and track days… ill get my use out of it

IS THE CF REAL

yes its real CF

The new AC-12 by HJC incorporates race proven and “real world” tested features such as the Advanced Channeling Ventilation System (ACVS), and unique CAD generated shell sculpture, creating one of the most technologically advanced helmets in its class.

<i><b>Advanced Composite Material "ACM" Shell  							Construction</b></i>
						. ”ACM” (Advanced Composite Material) shell is  							constructed of a combination of fiberglass and Spectra® 
						. Two-piece channeled Dual-Density lightweight EPS  							liner 
						. Unique CAD generated shell sculpture (with 2 shell  							sizes) for improved fit and increased helmet stability 
						. Large eyeport opening for greater visibility 
						. Bottom edge wind deflector offers reduced air  							intake to the facial area and an additional level of turbulence  							

reduction (included user’s option)

<i><b>Flow-Thru “ACVS” Advanced Channeling  							Ventilation System</b></i>
						. Two multi-stage forward intake vents and a large  							integrated rear exhaust spoiler combine with sculptured air  							

channels to act as a full venture exhaust system

<i><b>Anti-Fog System</b></i>
						. Chin bar and rear venture exhaust vents for  							increased head and humidity dissipation 
						. Anti-fog coated shield 
						. 2-piece, injection-molded, multi-stage front chin  							bar vent sculptured to direct fresh air towards shield’s  							

interior surface for increased anti-fogging capacity

<i><b>Removable/Washable AquaTrans® Interior</b></i>
						. Cheek pads and upper liner are easily removed to  							allow for cleaning 
						. AquaTrans® liner and cheek pads quickly wick  							moisture away from the skin 	
						. Wrap-around neck roll reduces wind noise 
						. Padded chin-strap design 
						. Open cell internal foam technology for increased  							air circulation 
						. Cheek pad design for communication system speakers 

<i><b>Nylon Strap-Retention Band</b></i>
						. Neatly secures chin strap 

<i><b>3rd Generation 2-Stage Pivot/Compression  							Shield Closure System</b></i>
						. Advanced, 2-stage shield pivot/compression system  							ensuring maximum shield seal 

<i><b>HJ-09 Anti-Fog Face Shield</b></i>
						. Quick and easy, tool-less shield removal 
						. Aerodynamic flush-mounted fit for reduced  							turbulence noise 
						. Anti-Fog scratch-resistant coating 
						. Optically-correct 3D design 
						. Shield radiation protection capacity rated to  							block 95% of harmful UV radiation 
						. Exceeds VESC-8 

Deluxe Helmet Bag Included

<i><b>Technical Information</b></i>
						. Standards: DOT-218, Snell-M2005 
						. Construction: Carbon Fiber Composite Weave 
						. Weight: 3.26 lbs/1480 grams (approx, based on Size  							Medium Solid Color)

No forced air = your loss.

AND it’s only M rated :bloated:

what do u mean no forced air?

Ricer :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.pyrotect.com/pyro-s-fa-wht.jpg
no sweaty head for me

Carbon Fiber… damn thats sexy
Good buy. Hopefully it wont have to save your life one day :wink: lol

i think i can deal without the forced air system… im not planning on running any multi lap races just yet… jsut a few track days and autoX…

HJC copied the Vemars :lol:

Looks nice though. 3.26 lbs, not too shabby for a lower tiered helmet. :tup: That’s pretty close to the weight of my current motorcycle race helmet (non-carbon fiber). The Vemars were well under 3 lbs if memory serves.

Approx. 3.26 lbs/1480 grams

Site says its a motorcycle helmet, probley why its rated just M

meh, whatever, it is your money if you are happy then :slight_smile:

Just that for $100 less you could have a cooler, safer helmet. In a basic helmet a 20 minute session gets me extremely hot and it was only 60*. Other than the ubrf track day you won’t get in with anything less than SA.

i have an hjc gelmet for riding my sled, its a really comfortable helmet, i like it. it ran me 130$ at jan-cen, its not sexy carbond fiber though, just a green and black paint scheme to match my sled

For what he bought it for (auto-x, drag), I’m sure it will be fine. Besides, some of you guys have no tolernace for heat. :stuck_out_tongue:

A $60 open face helmet would have been fine, that is a whole lotta money for a m rated helmet. Looks cool as hell but still can’t see shelling out that kinda scratch.

what are the Vemars rated

very nice helmet

yea your head gets hawt doing multi lap sessions, its hot as fuck.

ive never been too impressed with HJC after wearing a higher end helmet, but I’ve heard they;re a great helmet for the price in terms of comfort and protection

Vemar VSR Carbon is rated BSI 6658 Type A & ECE 22-05. as well as DOT. They weighed in at about 2.8 lbs.

Nice helmet man. I also have a HJC helmet for my sled. IT never gave me any problems so i am sure you will be happy with your purchase, know matter what you use it for.