Helmet check in thread. What do you have and how do you like it

Getting the bike together finally so its time for a new helmet. Last lid I bought was an HJC Carbonfiber MX and I loved it. Now its time for a street fullface.

I am looking at the Suomy Spec 1R. Price is right for me at the moment and it looks to be about the best designed, and well constructed.

So, what do you have and how much do you like it.

-Price: $xxx.xx
-Size:
-Fitment: out of 5 stars
-Comfort: out of 5 stars
-Anti-fog at low speed (under 30mph): out of 5 stars
-Ventilation: out of 5 stars
-Stability at speed 70mph (not tucked under faring): out of 5 stars
-Style and looks: out of 5 stars

Comments:

HJC Carbon Fiber MX with Oakley Crowbar Bubba Stewart Edition goggles.

-Price: $650 with goggles
-Size: XS
-Fitment: 4 of 5 stars
-Comfort: 4 out of 5 stars
-Anti-fog at low speed (under 30mph): 2.5 of 5 stars
-Ventilation: 3.5 of 5 stars
-Stability at speed 70mph (not tucked under faring): 1 of 5 stars
-Style and looks: 4 of 5 stars

Comments: MX helmets dont like street speeds at 70+ and the visor blew me all over the place if you looked up, but it was on my supermoto so it was designed for that bike I guess you could say. City riding it kicked ass, plenty of ventilation, very light weight. Comfort, its a purpose built MX racing helmet, not a Cadillac for your head, but I took long 2 hour rides and it was just fine. It did its job when I crashed, and was worth the money I guess.

Kali Naza carbon
http://www.roadbikemag.com/home/wp-content/uploads/Kali-Naza-Carbon-Helmet-Review-1.jpg
-Price: $370
-Size:xl
-Fitment: 5 out of 5 stars
-Comfort: 5 out of 5 stars
-Anti-fog at low speed (under 30mph): 3 out of 5 stars
-Ventilation: 4 out of 5 stars
-Stability at speed 70mph (not tucked under faring): 5 out of 5 stars
-Style and looks: 5 out of 5 stars

Comments: Super lightweight which makes it comfortable to wear all day. Comes with 2 sets of cheek pads to dial in fit, comes with a really nice soft case, cheap for a carbon helmet. Lots of room inside for earphones or earplugs

Minor gripes, its louder (wind noise) than my old AGV xvent, mainly from having no chin curtain. I’d also like there to be a detent for “cracked” that isnt quite so open as the 1st detent is for the shield.

Icon Alliance Lucky
-Price: $200
-Size: XL
-Fitment: 4 out of 5
-Comfort: 5 out of 5
-Anti-fog at low speed (under 30mph): 3 out of 5 stars
-Ventilation: 6 out of 5 stars
-Stability at speed 70mph (not tucked under faring): 4 out of 5 stars
-Style and looks: 5 out of 5 squids

Comments: Only issue I really have with it is the aftermarket shield fitment isn’t very good, which is why I gave it a 6 out of 5 for ventilation, which isn’t a good thing. Other than that it’s a super squid helmet and I love it. Very comfortable, makes riding with earbuds easy.

Scorpion Exo-1000
Price - I got it for $200 I think it was… don’t remember
Size - Large I think… also don’t remember for sure
Fitment - 5 out of 5. The built in air pumps help make for a great custom fit.
Comfort - 4 out of 5. Its more of a cruising helmet so if I need to duck behind the windscreen, I really have to tip my head back to see. Great for normal driving though.
Anti-fog at low speed - 3 out of 5. I get some fogging, but I can quickly just lock the front visor in the vent position and it goes away almost instantly. It only really fogs up under 45*-50*.
Ventilation - 5 out of 5. There are multiple options for venting and I have yet to become overheated in it.
Stability at speed 70mph - 4/5 out of 5. I have no problems at all. I have had my bike up around 90 without tucking and it feels very stable. This was on a closed track of course.
Style and looks: I like the look of it. Its very basic and not too flashy.

I absolutely love this helmet. And the built-in sun visor is great on sunny days.

Arai RX-Q.

600$

5/5 for everything

AGV GP-Tech Rossi Replica

-Price: $800
-Size: M
-Fitment: 4
-Comfort: 5
-Anti-fog at low speed (under 30mph): 4
-Ventilation: 5
-Stability at speed 70mph (not tucked under faring): 5
-Style and looks: 5

Comments:
This helmet has a really soft liner that feels good on the skin, and it does a good job of wicking away moisture (although my old Arai did a better job I think). The aero shape really works to cut through the air with almost no buffeting. Also it doesn’t give you a stiff-neck like other heavy non-aero helmets cause. Super-light!! Lightest helmet I’ve ever held. Ventilation is good but not X-11 good.

HJC FS-15 :rofl

Pros: $130, Snell 2005.
Cons: Kind of loud, so-so cooling.

Shoei RF-1100 Warlord
-Price: 450 - 500
-Fitment: 5
-Comfort: 5
-Anti-fog at low speed (under 30mph): 3
-Style and looks: 5
http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2011/191/a/f/shoei_rf_1100_warlord_by_zstaroduste-d3lncpa.jpg
http://shift518.com/-Price:%20$800%20-Size:%20M%20-Fitment:%204%20-Comfort:%205%20-Anti-fog%20at%20low%20speed%20%28under%2030mph%29:%204%20-Ventilation:%205%20-Stability%20at%20speed%2070mph%20%28not%20tucked%20under%20faring%29:%205%20-Style%20and%20looks:%205

So, you dress up as spiderman on the weekends…or?
lol

HJC- FS-15
-Price: 250 new, 130 now :lol
-Fitment: 2
-Comfort: 2
-Anti-fog at low speed (under 30mph): 2
-Ventilation: 2
-Stability at speed 70mph (not tucked under faring): 1
-Style and looks: 3

when your house is on fire that will be my day off :rofl
I forgot my suit was in the background.:lol

Icon Airframe 7th seal

-Price: $350.00
-Size: xl
-Fitment: 4
-Comfort: 3
-Anti-fog at low speed (under 30mph): 4
-Style and looks: 10

Comments: I saw this helmet at the dealership when i bought my bike. wasn’t into graphics at the time. 2 yrs later i crash, knock my head and for some reason suddenly skulls on a helmet made a lot of sense. Shocked at how much difference the improved ventilation makes in comfort. I was constantly over heating in my scorpion ex1000 which flowed zero air (but the sun visor was really nice). searched every corner of the internet for this helmet because it was discontinued, then paid top dollar for what was nearly a 4 year old helmet when i bought it. addicted to the icon graphics so even though i know there is better protection out there i’ll probably stick with icon, plus they fit my perfectly round head lol.

two most important things when buying a helmet: shell shape compared to head shape and the born on date of the helmet.

If it is good enough for Ben Spies, it is good enough for me. :rofl

http://i.imgur.com/V2xfW.jpg

Vega Attitude
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/38/28857/ITEM/Vega-Attitude-Helmet.aspx

-Price: $69.99
-Size: Large
-Fitment: 4 of 5 stars
-Comfort: 3 of 5 stars
-Anti-fog at low speed (under 30mph): ----
-Ventilation: Front lower opening, two upper
-Stability at speed 70mph (not tucked under faring): No Idea
-Style and looks: 4 of 5 stars

Cant comment on a lot because I just got it, and have only used it while playing Gran Turismo on the couch. But I feel safe at 200+ in game lol. Got it for when I finally find a 4x4, to replace old T1R. Not really feeling the upper vent design, and the cloth where your ears end up is annoying. Seems like a decent fit otherwise. It was cheap.

Wow, ECE 22.05 certified.

IF they paid me what they paid him I’d wear it too.:crackup
I hear the RSP10 is a MAJOR improvement over his last lid… I’d like to test one see if it lives up to the hype.