Bought A New Lid

AGV GP-Tech Rossi “Chicken” helmet

Always wanted a Rossi replica, and this is by far my fav. Only 3000 produced worldwide.

That brings my total to 6 helmets:
Shoei X-11
Arai
HJC (x3)

(I rly need to get rid of that Arai and 2 of the HJCs)

:excited

Agv has some of the best designs, so does Suomy.

I personally loved my Shoei Rf1000 but the thing got old and had quite a few miles on it.

I have 1 HJC passenger which I can’t stand and two icons which are decent but definitely nowhere near the quality of the Shoei.

I’m a bit of a helmet whore myself and want another Shoei or a Tommy Gun Arai.

Wow, nice. That thing ain’t cheap. :wow

I will probably need a new one next year. Looks like it will be another HJC for me…:tongue:tongue

Let see what kind of deal I can find this winter. :giggle:giggle

At least try other helmets on the road before going with an HJC again, believe me.

Actually the more I think about it now, the more I want to ride with the Shoei again right now instead of Icon.

Highspeed how do you like the X11? Ever try the Rf1100?

Sickkkk. Vlad I’ve seen you multiple times in the last few days. Always on the sv. I can tell by your helmet.

getting off i90 going to Suny, on quail going past my house, and somewhere else, I forgot lol

If it is good enough for this guy, it is good enough for me. :giggle

nice. I’m a big Spies fan, so I would definitely rock that helmet. but the only thing I don’t like is the texas decal on the back.

HJC has really stepped their game up. I bought my gf the CL-16 and its wayyyyy better than my old CL-15. The interior almost feels like suede, and the overall build quality seems much better.

I haven’t compared it to other shoei’s, but I love it. Ventilation is fantastic, and its very comfortable.

There is a slight whistling noise in the right ear (i get this with like every helmet though, maybe its just my ear, or the way I tilt my head into the wind), and the shield doesn’t seal perfectly tight so I get some wind coming in straight into my eyes at speeds above 90.

The helmet shell feels bigger than my arai. So it gives the illusion that the helmet is heavier, but it probably weights about the same as my arai.

I love that helmet. I want one so bad. It was either between that one or the “hands” one

This is one of my all time favs. It’s a bit bright for some people, but I really like the cartoonish design.

Suomy Spec-1R Extreme Alex Barros Replica
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p282/HiSpeed48/137211d1189634250-post-up-your-helmets-suomy-barros.jpg

I am seriously considering a KBC, no joke. As long as they are ECE22-05 certified it is race legal. Their VR4R carbon weights 2.8 lbs for around $350.

^ That is crazy light. This brings up the question though, when does a helmet become too light that it starts to lose its protection?

But I guess that’s the point of having the rating system, to prevent a company from selling a cardboard helmet that weights 1 lb. lol

Well it’s funny you say that

I’ve crashed in a carbon HJC and while it held up there some serious structure cracks in it.

Helmets IMO are like a good watch, should have some heft to it and not feel light like paper.

i love my Arai RX-Q. i had an icon before, and what a difference it is.

the suomy looks alot like an Arai

when i bought my Arai, it was a toss up between it, and the Shoei RF-1100.

I like that AGV helmet, never had owned one (yet).

Miss my Shark RSR2 Duhamel Replica, by far the most comfortable, lightweight and quietest helmet I have ever owned (fucking thieves) it was even better then my SHOEI.

As far as my new helmet (Scorpion Urban Destroyer) its obviously no SHOEI, Arai or Shark but I like it better then my HJC, Icon or XPeed helmets a lot.

(yes I own like 6 helmets, I usually buy a new one every year lol)

After riding with this helmet a few times I am convinced this is the best helmet I have ever worn. I am officially an AGV GP-Tech fan.

-Lightest helmet I’ve ever put on my head
-Most comfortable interior
-Best aero shape
-2nd best ventilation (x-11 is a little better)

Nice!! Man, I could use a new helmet…

Good to hear!

Will have to keep my eye out for a good deal.