Finally got my Car

Hey everyone. 'Names Dustin, been putsing around here for a few months now. But I just took delivery of my Wine Red 1990 180SX today(after a 3 month wait). Pretty much stock except rims. Needs some paint but that’l come later. First time importing, first RHD car,and first boosted car; so please excuse all the soon to be noob questions. But now that I have the car I’ll be sending in my membership stuff right away. Looks like its going to be a blast. :partyman:

Sweet another 180, you should post some pics up!

I will as soon as i get it cleaned up, And find a digtal camera lol. And coincidentaly, i bought the car through William at JDM Connection(talk to u a few months back

Welcome. Can’t wait to see the car at some meets. Find a camera and get up some pics!

Nice… Look foward to a little compitition on the streets :E

Welcome to the club. If this is your first boostfed car you should read a book called “Maximum Boost, By Corky Bell” This book will get you learned on a lot of things to do with your turbo car, no one in Edmonton carrys it so you might have to order off of Amazon.com (I did). Anyhow welcome.

Congrats on the car! That’s an awesome book. I ordered it through Chapters and it came in 2 days.

YAY another S13!! TAKE THAT SPEC GUYS! hahahaha jks

this your car http://www.jdmconnection.ca/STOCK2089.html

Welcome :lol:

Someone want to lend me this book you speak of?

Ya thats the one. It is really dirty, and got a couple minor scuffs in shipping. But i love it still hehe.

I’m buying RS13’s copy of it but if you want to borrow it for a read im sure i can arrange it

Did it take 3 months to get here cause buddy decided to ship in a container? My friends Roadster showed up yesterday with scuffs and two 1/2" deep dings on the trunklid that weren’t on the auction sheet. Scuffs on the front bumper too. Probably got banged around in the stupid container.

Call me when you want it. If you ever end up picking it up. :!:

Did it take 3 months to get here cause buddy decided to ship in a container? My friends Roadster showed up yesterday with scuffs and two 1/2" deep dings on the trunklid that weren’t on the auction sheet. Scuffs on the front bumper too. Probably got banged around in the stupid container.

Ya mine has paint rubbing on the front bumper too, and a scratch in the centre of the rear bumper that wasnt on the sheet, or in the photos. But not much I can do, and he gave me free detailing on it so I’m not too worried about it. I’m thinking I’ll get all the body work done in spring/ealy summer. Was your buddies roadster green? If it is I saw it at the yard. Still looks nice if its the one I saw.

Yeah it’s the green one with the 3" dished wheels.

Call me when you want it. If you ever end up picking it up. :!:[/quote]

well someones gotta drive me down there… or you need to come by the Telus building one day during the day so i can pick it up… i lost my wallet on the weekend and have no licence to drive with :frowning: or ID to go anywhere :frowning:

Woah woah woah…he’s giving you free detailing on the car because of the scuffs?
Seems like I’m getting the shaft here. He hasn’t offered me anything after hearing about the numerous paint marks on my car. Or the fact that it took 4 months to get here.
If you don’t mind me asking, when did you buy your car from the broker?

No hes giving me the detailing because my car took over 3 months to get here, Not cause of the scuffs. I bought it on October 15th. And who did you get your car through?

I’m the guy with the Roadster.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/shorti139/IMGP1371small.jpg

I bought the car from the auctions on Oct 1st. It took almost 4 MONTHS to get here and all i got were emails telling me to be more patient.