Finally got something to put in the garage

Thanks guys! I’ve been looking at these for years I’m still in disbelief that I pulled the trigger.

Ive been in love with these cars since my Dad got his SL500 back in 06. It was @Scott that put that V12 dream in my head I just can’t believe I finally got it.

I’ve got a couple things I need to square away with it and Ill be ready for you.

You haven’t lived until you’ve had an AMG. Always loved your Audis though.

I should mention that it has had about $20k+ in repairs over the years the former filled me in. It recently had an oil change in the last 500 miles, new plugs, coil packs, ABC system was flushed. All of those are needed to run a tune, lots of guys out there tossing tunes on and having to replace coil packs, and plugs. The I/C pump was replaced as well when the first owner had it. But ill keep you in mind do you have a TCU tune as well?

Can’t remember if I put that on when I had the E55 or X5M.

Thanks man :tup:

I’m not sure if I want to tune the car this summer or not. It would be really nice if there was something for the turbo lag, it isn’t terrible but it does take a second to get into boost. Starting with some simple cosmetic things and going from there.

Nothing against the P-cars but this thing is extremely comfortable just cruising around its like riding on rails. Also I’m more about that straight line speed that just plants you in your seat.

Speaking of, I want a sound clip. I don’t think I actually know how these sound.

Nice, SL always seemed like a well put together car, with enough power to have a good time with.

x…

Awesome pick up! Where in Hamburg do you live? I’m right in the village.

This guy had just a muffler delete so that is my plan for now.

In a small development off of Sowles in between 62 and 75. I’ve seen you cruising around town a couple times car sounds nice.

man… $186k USD base in 2005???

i hope you are going to mod this mother. this is one of those cars i have respect for but not nearly enough balls to try and own one long term.

V12 turbo sounds like you’re just throwing gas money out the window.

am i reading this right from eurocharged: http://www.eurocharged.com/products/mercedes-performance-and-tuning/sl-class/sl65/600-65-ecu-and-tcu-sale.html

715 torques and 503 hp at the wheels with a tune?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Best car guy response ever :tup:

I’ll get the muffler delete and a ECU/TCU tune eventually besides that I’ll probably hold off on performance mods. The computers tend to interfere too much when these things really start getting up there in power. There is a company in Chicago that is claiming to have completely crack the Merc code and now offer a plug and play ECU so they can finaly turn these into race cars.

Stock numbers for a SL65 have been around 530whp and 675wtq on a superflow dyno. Same car with just a ECU/TCU and muffler delete put down 596whp and 794wtq.(Eurocharged tuned) The car on that dyno sheet from Eurocharged is of a S600 which is a 5.5L V12 compared to the SL65 which is a 6.0L V12.

I’ve already noticed how is just guzzles gas but I’m ok with that.

The last one we tuned we flashed it on J&J’s dyno, it picked up 82WHP and 121WTQ. He didn’t get a TCU tune, but I definitely recommend it. Also trans service if it hasn’t recently been done.

Pretty sure I just saw you in the village while I was on the bike. Looks awesome!

Saw in person today. Looks sexy. The car was sweet too.

#bossalert

Yep, that’s all I’ve done on the 600 (other than lowering links). It’s an odd sound when you put your foot in it, but really cool.

Average MPG on this over the last 2500 miles, with wife doing most of the miles, 16.2. Not completely horrible.

(slightly lowered now)

Oh, and it’s got a new plate

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-d2f60BNKFyc/V2cMQ6f4UFI/AAAAAAAC3s0/jsbgQsjxLRk_Kk6dEVoALEuOQaiSTPImwCCo/s1280/20160619_121057.jpg

Dang son, finally got it!

Looks hot and I know you know what to do.

:bigtup:

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n494/Jimshorts868/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-06/aec598c2-52fa-4162-960e-cb4dc6fa8e7e_zpsgpddteel.jpg

Tossed a lip on and changed out the grille.(ignore the wheel gap it’s a work in progress)

Wheel gap isn’t bad at all! Looks good.

Looks great!

Looks good. I’m going single bar also. Let me know when you want to do lowering links. It’s a pretty quick job.

I would definitely recommend the single bar personally I think it makes the front end look a bit more modern. And will do, looks fairly easy. Not sure how much lower i want to go. Getting into the driveway has already been a project jus with the lip haha.

I’m sure yours has the raise button. Comes in handy at times.