Financial guru's hop in.

So I have a quick question. What is the legal APR a Credit card company can charge you? Last i heard it was 28.9% or something like that. Ideas comments suggestions?

there are multiple kinds of rates involved with credit cards. cash advances, variable rates, fixed rates, etc. etc.

but yes, 36% is the highest LEGAL APR you can be forced to pay. These are generally contractual “default rates”, if you miss a payment etc. etc. However, your average rate will be much lower, until you miss a payment.

I guess, i just don’t get your question. What kind of suggestions are you looking for?

^^^ NAh no suggestions really. WAs just looking for an answer really. Thats just something i threw in there out of habit.

Financial*

thank god i wasnt the only one that cringed at that.

fuckin brutal.

LOl my bad spelling wiz. usually when i am posting something during the day i have a few distractions around me so shit happens. But in all honesty i could care less about what you think of my spelling. Thank you for the correction however.

So you care a little bit?

how can someone give u ideas or suggestionson this topic if there is nothing presented?

Nahh. I stopped trying to impress people on the interweb back when Napster was cool .

Debo as I stated a few posts down from my original post that is something i put on there out of habit. I already got my answer

oh yes i re-read it and actually understand now lol

Isn’t NY usury law 25%?

Edit: http://law.onecle.com/new-york/penal/PEN0190.42_190.42.html

I will lend you money for 25%/month. :snky:

“at a rate exceeding twenty-five per centum per annum”

[LEFT]isnt that 25% per year aka apr? not per month? I am confused sorta
[/LEFT]

APR is Annual Percentage Rate…I believe.

I dont need you to lend me money Penfold. Though i do appreciate the offer. i was simply wondering.

lol @ ieatpaint. :haha:

Vehicle APR rates have a maximum of 24.99%