FireFox v3 Hanging/stalling?

Is anyone else experiencing this? I had the same problem with the beta version and went back to 2.x which worked perfectly fine.

as an example, While typing this post firefox will pause for approx 10-15 seconds, and once it “un-hangs” it will display all the text I just typed. As another example, If I’m waiting for a slow page to load I’ll open another tab to do a different search only to have it hang for a 1-20 seconds before it snaps out of it, for lack of a better phrase. Sometimes it’s only for a brief second, and other times it hangs for quite a while (though the CPU usage is only @ like 5%)

The system I’m on can more than handle the software (it’s a modern machine) and no other programs do it. Opera and IE all work smooth as silk… it’s only FF v3 that seems to be doing it.

I’m running the portible U3 version from a thumb drive BTW, which I doubt is causing the problem. I found another person on the mozilla forums with the same problem, but didn’t see any kind of resolution to it (his was run from the hard drive, not from a USB drive)

ive noticed a bit of lagging also since going to v3

the only problem i am having is its not keeping my passwords

im not going to 3, 2 is running perfect for me.

I’ll go to v.3 when UNLINKER works in it.

God, I love unlinker.

unlinker does work

No shit? It wasn’t working last time I tried.

I’ll try again :tup:

I cant go to facebook.com on v3 thats my only problem so far

i think they just updated all the add ons, because my sirius one didn’t work when i downloaded it…face book works for me? I haven’t had any problems

I’ve been using it since it came out, haven’t noticed any issues under vista premium, and ultimate 64bit.

firefox 3 on ubuntu runs AWESOME for me. Huge performance gain.

im gonna have to upgrade soon :tup:

This exact problem happens to me at work on my Mac. Its really frustrating trying to type a post. I did a complete clean up and reinstall, same thing.

no problems whatsoever.

Running smooth and fast with no issues at all with anything except for my old theme not working in v.3

Steve,

I had a shitload of problems with firefox 3 also.

It had to do with the skype plugin for firefox.

I was getting performance issues, and it plain would not load certain images.

I disabled the plugin, it seems to be running OK for now.

Honestly, I started fucking around with opera 9, that seems to be faster.

My system isn’t state of the art at all (P4, 2gb, SATA drives, PCIX Card), but it should render web pages a bit faster.

I might just put ubuntu on it and see what that does.

Haven’t had any problems with FFIII yet.

just upgraded to FF3 on this machine too, just as fast, only 512mb of ram too :slight_smile:

Only problem i’ve had is with torrents. the “open with” option doesn’t actually launch my torrent program. I’ve got around this by just saving the torrent file then opening it manually… not a huge deal, but still kind of annoying

just upgraded, seems ok, when I got on a few pages it boots my internet connection cause I run wireless I dont get it, Just disabled my addons gonna see what that does