First Round pic Fantasy Football - Who would you pick?

yea i had the 8th overall this year, wound up with joseph addai

Manning or LT

if you are even asking this question, you prolly shouldn’t be in a league, or at least you should have someone making the picks for you… LT hands down.

the next few will follow as: l.johnson, p.manning, s.alexander, r.bush. s.jackson, t.henry, m.harrison, t.owens. not necessarily in that order.

[quote=“FBodyMadnezz,post:14,topic:34545"”]

what if passing yards are scored higher than rushing yards?

[/quote]

Then congrats on being in a very fucked up league. Yardage leagues generally go like this.

10 yards rush = 1 point
20/25 yards pass = 1 point
rush td = 6 points
pass td = 4/6 points

Ok but here is a quick lesson on how to win fantasy. VALUE PICKS!! You pick LT because the quality of back after that decreases considerably (in fantasy land). Lt had 33td, and the 2nd most was 19. Now look at Manning with 35 (4 rushing which he wont accomplish again), and the next 5 QB’s all had at least 24 tds last year. Fantasy is more a game of the numbers then it is actual football knowledge, even though it helps.

So to sum this up, if you are picking Manning in the first you will have a 35 td player. In a 10 man league you will have the 20th pick, we will say 1 other person picked a QB and 2 WR are gone, that mean top 15 backs are gone. So you get a running back that gets 8-10 tds (on the lucky side). Meanwhile there are plenty of QB’s left with mid 20 TD potential left for your 3rd pick (21st in the draft) and more 8 td potential rbs.

33(LT) + 25(Non Manning QB) > 35(Manning) + 8-10 (Back you would get in that position).

:thankyou:

[quote=“Joe,post:15,topic:34545"”]

1st round LT
2nd round drew brees or jon kitna

[/quote]

You can’t be serious with Kitna :smash2:

[quote=“badazzss,post:23,topic:34545"”]

if you are even asking this question, you prolly shouldn’t be in a league, or at least you should have someone making the picks for you… LT hands down.

the next few will follow as: l.johnson, p.manning, s.alexander, r.bush. s.jackson, t.henry, m.harrison, t.owens. not necessarily in that order.

[/quote]

You have Henry that high?? :lolham:

what happened to the nyspeed fantasy league???

henry should not be before westbrook, willie parker, addai and rudy johnson, not necessarily in that order

[quote=“nappy1380,post:24,topic:34545"”]

Then congrats on being in a very fucked up league. Yardage leagues generally go like this.

10 yards rush = 1 point
20/25 yards pass = 1 point
rush td = 6 points
pass td = 4/6 points

Ok but here is a quick lesson on how to win fantasy. VALUE PICKS!! You pick LT because the quality of back after that decreases considerably (in fantasy land). Lt had 33td, and the 2nd most was 19. Now look at Manning with 35 (4 rushing which he wont accomplish again), and the next 5 QB’s all had at least 24 tds last year. Fantasy is more a game of the numbers then it is actual football knowledge, even though it helps.

So to sum this up, if you are picking Manning in the first you will have a 35 td player. In a 10 man league you will have the 20th pick, we will say 1 other person picked a QB and 2 WR are gone, that mean top 15 backs are gone. So you get a running back that gets 8-10 tds (on the lucky side). Meanwhile there are plenty of QB’s left with mid 20 TD potential left for your 3rd pick (21st in the draft) and more 8 td potential rbs.

33(LT) + 25(Non Manning QB) > 35(Manning) + 8-10 (Back you would get in that position).

:thankyou:

You can’t be serious with Kitna :smash2:

[/quote]

:word:

and kitna will get his points because he throws the ball 50 times a game, but i don’t think he’s worth a 2nd round pick… i got him in the 4th but somtimes second guess already that that might have been a bit of a reach. time will tell :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Joe,post:2,topic:34545"”]

LT. end. dont think about this.

[/quote]

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:5,topic:34545"”]

there is no one even close in points compared to LT… if he has a lesser of a year than last year… its still LT

the only thing that may be ok… is if the league counts receptions as a point also… in that case steven jackson looks a little better… but stilll LT

[/quote]

[quote=“Adictd2b00st,post:6,topic:34545"”]

LT far and away, no question.

2nd, steven jackson

[/quote]

[quote=“MaximaSE98,post:8,topic:34545"”]

in all seriousness LT FTMFW

[/quote]

[quote=“FBodyMadnezz,post:10,topic:34545"”]

depends on league scoring. Manning or LT.

[/quote]

[quote=“Rx3,post:11,topic:34545"”]

LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LTLT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LTLT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LTLT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LTLT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LTLT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LTLT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LTLT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LTLT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LTLT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LTLT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LTLT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LTLT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT

[/quote]

[quote=“nappy1380,post:13,topic:34545"”]

:picard: you must be a newb to fantasy football. TD only or Mized = LT for first pick.

[/quote]

[quote=“Joe,post:15,topic:34545"”]

1st round LT
2nd round drew brees or jon kitna

[/quote]

[quote=“SkunkApe,post:16,topic:34545"”]

ALWAYS a RB in first round…NEVER EVER take a QB

LT ass face

[/quote]

[quote=“JaysGreenLX,post:20,topic:34545"”]

LT

I didn’t have that luxury so I ended up with Brian Westbrook

[/quote]

[quote=“Toda Party,post:22,topic:34545"”]

Manning or LT

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote=“JaysGreenLX,post:25,topic:34545"”]

[/quote]

i didnt even show up for the live draft and i STILL got LT

:thankyou::clap::thankyou::clap::thankyou:

cause you had the first pick, you bag

[quote=“Adictd2b00st,post:30,topic:34545"”]

cause you had the first pick, you bag

[/quote]

oh. word.

:pimp:

hell yeah…

sure the guy has 9 kids, but he can run the ball like a monster, plays through injuries, and has never had a real team around him. i think denver is going to get him 1500 yds + 13-14 td rush, and prolly 300 + a few receiving.

just as guess, but we’ll see how the season goes.

[quote=“JaysGreenLX,post:25,topic:34545"”]

[/quote]

[quote=“badazzss,post:32,topic:34545"”]

hell yeah…

sure the guy has 9 kids, but he can run the ball like a monster, plays through injuries, and has never had a real team around him. i think denver is going to get him 1500 yds + 13-14 td rush, and prolly 300 + a few receiving.

just as guess, but we’ll see how the season goes.

[/quote]

I can’t argue with his physical abilities or his toughness. I’ve always said he was a tough dude.
We’ll see…

…and I got the last spot in the first round :frowning:

Anyway here is my team (autodraft list). Think I have a chance?

QB Jay Cutler, Den QB
RB Laurence Maroney, NE RB
RB/WR Reggie Bush, NO RB
WR Joey Galloway, TB WR
WR Donte’ Stallworth, NE WR
TE Todd Heap, Bal TE
D/ST Bears D/ST, Chi D/ST
K Mike Nugent, NYJ K

BENCH

Bench Jamal Lewis, Cle RB
Bench Marshawn Lynch, Buf RB
Bench Donald Driver, GB WR
Bench Mark Clayton*, Bal WR
Bench Randy McMichael, StL TE
Bench Jeff Garcia, TB QB
Bench Steve McNair, Bal QB
Bench Jay Feely, Mia K

Here is how I did yesterday with the 10th pick.

QB Tony Romo
WR Chad Johnson
WR Marques Colston
WR Braylon Edwards
RB Brian Westbrook
RB Clinton Portis
TE Todd Heap
D Baltimore
K Rob Bironas

BN Eli Manning
BN Marion Barber
BN Bernard Berrian
BN Heath Miller
BN Devery Henderson
BN New York Jets Defense

Who is Bernard Berrian?

and Devery Henderson?

You better hope Portis doesn’t get injured again this year.

Ocho - Cinco should do well, Romo should rock, Westbrook I dunno… Eagles are always inconsistent with getting him running touches. Depends on how your league scores points. Heap should do well. Baltimore D will be kick ass.

Not too shabby. :tup:

Barrian is wide receiver for Chicago 700+ yards and 6 TDs last year
Henderson is a wide receiver for New Orleans with 700+ yeard and 5 TDs last year

We are starting 3 wide outs in our league so those guys came as late picks. Still pretty decent though.

Portis worries me since I have had him for the last 3 years in one of my leagues, but when he is healthy he does really well so I am hoping that he can stay off the injury list.

Ah the NO receiver I remember now. Probably good pick, the Saints will have an explosive offense this year.

rick you really don’t know who berrian is? :stuck_out_tongue: and henderson moves up in NO cause horn left for atlanta

westbrook is solid cause he gets a TON of touches, even if he doesn’t run well he’ll still put up #'s recieving

i’m kinda not so happy with how my team turned out, but it could have been worse… i had 8th pick in my league and would up with

QB Tom Brady
Jon Kitna
RB Joseph Addai
Brandon Jacobs
Adrian Peterson (Vikes)
WR Andre Johnson
Lavernaues Coles
Santana Moss
TE Kellen Winslow
K Jason Elam
D/ST San Diego

BN:Tatum Bell
Brandon Jackson
Steve McNair
Bernard Berrian
DJ Hackett
Randy McMichael

and yes, our league starts 2 qbs… mcnair will have to play twice, altho qb’s are always pretty available for when you need one in a pinch for a bye week so i’m not too concerned about him

[/quote]

Even with Mannings stats, most fantasy leagues cater to RB’s the most so I typically never take a QB first round.